Aurix Exchange

Renko 6-12-EMAs System

munizdivisas

Renko 6-12-EMAs System
Hello everybody,
I have this idea, is a Renko system with a great potential just need some fine tuning.
So I need your help.

These two files need to go into ?experts? folder, both are EAs
-RenkoLiveChart_v3.2
-EMA_6_12_with_SL
Template:
Renko 6-12 needs to go into ?Templates? folder
Settings for EAs see pics.
A lot of work needs to be done.
First we need to add a CCI filter period 24 to ?EMA_6_12_with_SL EA?
so it can only open long position when 12EMA cross below 6EMA and CCI is 90 or over
Open short positions when 12EMA cross above 6EMA and CCI -90 or lower.
This is to avoid a lot of false entries.
Second we need to do some back testing, and try different settings? there is very little info on back testing Renko Charts.

Note: Renko charts need tick data to build so the market needs to be open.

So what do you think?

Attachments

• Renko-6-12-EMAs.JPG
    Renko-6-12-EMAs.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 15
  • RenkoLiveChart-settings.JPG
    RenkoLiveChart-settings.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 15

T-Wolf

Renko 6-12-EMAs System
Hello everybody,
I have this idea, is a Renko system with a great potential just need some fine tuning.
So I need your help.

These two files need to go into ?experts? folder, both are EAs
-RenkoLiveChart_v3.2
-EMA_6_12_with_SL
Template:
Renko 6-12 needs to go into ?Templates? folder
Settings for EAs see pics.
A lot of work needs to be done.
First we need to add a CCI filter period 24 to ?EMA_6_12_with_SL EA?
so it can only open long position when 12EMA cross below 6EMA and CCI is 90 or over
Open short positions when 12EMA cross above 6EMA and CCI -90 or lower.
This is to avoid a lot of false entries.
Second we need to do some back testing, and try different settings? there is very little info on back testing Renko Charts.

Note: Renko charts need tick data to build so the market needs to be open.

So what do you think?

Very Interesting, I assume you've developed this system yourself? From your image it seems that each renko bar covers a range of 12 pips, is that correct? Have you experimented with different pip range sizes for the renko bars?

Thank you very much for presenting this idea !!......T-Wolf

munizdivisas

Renko

Renko

T-wolf,
yes i have been playing a little bit with Renco, 10 to 15pips work the best i think but the beauty of this is that you can add your favorite template and trade with that.

see the 2 examples one is the Raitis and Trend rider systems both are posted here somewhere.

Attachments

• Raitis.JPG
    Raitis.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 16
  • trendraider.JPG
    trendraider.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 16

MunchFX

Renko

Renko

munizdivisas

If I may ask a question? what is your current success with the system? I really like what you have done so well done. Renko charts are a good stress free trade as long as you know how to use them.

Look forward to trading with it.

Munch

MunchFX

Renko Charts

Renko Charts

I have attached my chart that I am using, I have put on FOREX REBELLION over the template, I find using Renko with this template, good MM I can clear a good 50+ pips a day stress free :)

Munch

Attachments

• fxr.jpg
    fxr.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 9

MunchFX

Thu 6 Oct

Thu 6 Oct

Just closed out on this nice trade for a 105 pip profit :)

Happy Days

got to love renko charts

Attachments

• eu.jpg
    eu.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 5
You can Backtest Renkos in Mt4 quit easily there are tons of vids on youtube ...
Anyway , may i ask for what this 6_12 SL EA is for ?

Regards

I am getting some kind of problem with renko chart, after I restart mt4 it stop updating I mean it stuck at a price and don't move

T-Wolf

Hi T-Wolf

I am using small bars of 6, it gives me maximum exposure to trades, I know a little risky but I find it works well.

Hope this helps?

Munch

Thanks Munch for your reply! Yes I agree with you on size . I also have constant range bars on my charts set at 5 pips and 10 pips . The 5 pip range bar gives a better entry and the 10 pip range bar keeps me in the trend longer.

Thanks again Munch.....T-Wolf

Munch - thanks for suggesting this combo (Renko + rebellion). Do you use the Forex rebellion strategy as described in the manual but just apply it to Renko charts? Do you feel Rebellion works better and gives more accurate signals on Renko charts? Why? Are there any other tweaks to rebellion that you did to make it work better on renko?

boerseun

Renko + rebellion

Renko + rebellion

Munch - thanks for suggesting this combo (Renko + rebellion). Do you use the Forex rebellion strategy as described in the manual but just apply it to Renko charts? Do you feel Rebellion works better and gives more accurate signals on Renko charts? Why? Are there any other tweaks to rebellion that you did to make it work better on renko?

Yes MunchFX I would also wanna know more about your use of Renko + Rebellion.

kirk26

Rebellion renko

Rebellion renko

Hello all

I have been trading FXR on 7 pip renko bricks and have had good results with it. I attached the EA like usual, however I don't have all the indicators on my screen purely because I like the look of a clean screen. The EA tells me when the criteria is met to enter a trade anyway!

I am pretty aggresive with my movement of the BE which see's me miss some eventual TP's but that's the way I like to trade. Conserve the equity.

I generally use the 75EMA however I'm look at other ways to filter poor trades (BB MACD, HAMA etc). I sometimes use the donchioon channel to identify possible short term support and resistance lines too - helping me place SL and TP.

Is anyone still trading using rebellion and renko bricks???

Please share your experience.

Cheers,
Kirk.

hylas

Is anyone using the Renko Bars and the Forex Rebellion including the Trade Assistant? If so are you able to mark off the trades as if you were using the 1H charts? I'm interested in knowing if the Trade Assistant works on offline charts with the Renko Bars and what size is generally being used? I was considering starting with 10 pip Renko bars. If someone would weigh in on this for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Is anyone using the Renko Bars and the Forex Rebellion including the Trade Assistant? If so are you able to mark off the trades as if you were using the 1H charts? I'm interested in knowing if the Trade Assistant works on offline charts with the Renko Bars and what size is generally being used? I was considering starting with 10 pip Renko bars. If someone would weigh in on this for me it would be greatly appreciated.

I tried renko but unfortunately it seems good only in history, for real price action u must used candle stick chart. Just my opinion nothing else.

Regards

Nitin

Aurix Exchange