Aurix Exchange

Repainting Indicators - Solution found - A MUST READ

StaticX

Hi Guys,

I highly encourage you to all go over to the following thread at Forex-TSD.
The Author, Deforex247, has systematically proved and refined his theory on how to eliminate the need for us to keep using MTF versions of some well known indicators, and thus reducing the repainting issue we experience on these indicators.

Code:
[URL="http://www.forex-tsd.com/general-discussion/28446-trading-mtf-real-time.html"]Trading mtf in real time[/URL]

His post no#7 is truly a piece of gold, he has created an excel spreadsheet to help with the calculations. I would not be surprised to see this thread and concept spread virally. It is an absolute gem !!!

Cheers
StaticX

goeland

Hi Guys,

I highly encourage you to all go over to the following thread at Forex-TSD.
The Author, Deforex247, has systematically proved and refined his theory on how to eliminate the need for us to keep using MTF versions of some well known indicators, and thus reducing the repainting issue we experience on these indicators.

Code:
[URL="http://www.worldwide-invest.org/redirector.php?url=%68%74%74%70%3a%2f%2f%77%77%77%2e%66%6f%72%65%78%2d%74%73%64%2e%63%6f%6d%2f%67%65%6e%65%72%61%6c%2d%64%69%73%63%75%73%73%69%6f%6e%2f%32%38%34%34%36%2d%74%72%61%64%69%6e%67%2d%6d%74%66%2d%72%65%61%6c%2d%74%69%6d%65%2e%68%74%6d%6c"]Trading mtf in real time[/URL]
His post no#7 is truly a piece of gold, he has created an excel spreadsheet to help with the calculations. I would not be surprised to see this thread and concept spread virally. It is an absolute gem !!!

Cheers
StaticX

Thank you for the link.
It is interesting but it doesn't work with all indicators.
Happy new year,

MP

StaticX

Hi Goeland,

You are 100% correct.

My interest in this theory lies with just one indicator that I am particularly fond of. It is the CCI indicator.

The CCI is basically SMA and Mean deviation so in theory applying this rudimentary principle should hold true but ...
I have an impression that the mean deviation is generating too much noise, too much false signals and in most cases is lagging compared to regular mtf in the "multiplier method". Anyway time to test

Cheers
StaticX

zxpips

Password now working

Password now working

Hi StaticX, thank you for finding this and informing us about it. I have downloaded the excel sheet on post #7 but for the life of me, no matter how many times I enter the passord deforexcodex i get an error from excel saying it's the right password, have you tried the same password or am i missing something?

StaticX

hmmm, that is really strange Zxpips. It works perfectly for me.

I am using Office 2010 though. I did notice that the excel spreadsheet has been saved using the full feature set of Office 2008. The .xlsx is a dead give away of this.

Anyway, I re-saved it down to the older 97-2003 Workbook format. Have attached it here for you to test. Let me know if works.

Cheers
StaticX

Aurix Exchange