[req] abletrend 7.0, PerfecTrend Lines 4.0

Bud22

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Attachments

• PerfecTrend_Lines.mq4
    3.9 KB · Views: 104

wany

Hello,

Does anyone have abletrend 7.0 and PerfecTrend Lines 4.0?

[for Tradestation 8 or Multicharts]

Vanya

Don't waste your time! PerfecTrend Lines 4.0 is a rough tool for experienced traders only. You will blow out your account if you blindly follow the signals. PerfecTrend Lines 4.0 generates buy/sell signals when a bar closes outside a seven bar range. So it trades very well in a trending market and gets killed in choppy markets. For example, this morning, it caught the short trade from the 9:30 AM open in the Russell 2000 future contract for about a 5 point profit and then proceeded to have 5 losing trades in a row in the afternoon for a 20+ point loss when the market got choppy. I created a tradestation strategy for this indicator and did several tests on it. It is profitable about 35 percent of the time which is typical for all trend following systems. If you are considering buying this system because you like to be right 90 percent of the time, you will be greatly disappointed with this indicator.

Vanya

Hello,

Does anyone have ABLETREND 7.0 and PerfecTrend Lines 4.0?
I have used Abletrend and can safely say that PerfecTrend Lines 4.0 is not even close to being in the same league. Abletrend uses price patterns in its calculation of trend.
You don't even need any software to trade PerfecTrend Lines 4.0. The marketing hype on ebay about using the "latest technology available" is a boldface lie! I can look at any chart and draw PerfecTrend Lines 4.0 off the top of my head:

1.) If the current bar closes higher than the highest high of the previous 7 bars, BUY at the market, paint a blue bar on the chart and stay long until a sell signal is generated.

2.) If the current bar closes lower than the lowest low of the previous 7 bars, SELL at the market, paint a red bar on the chart and stay short until a buy signal is generated.

3.) If long and the current bar closes below the lowest low of the previous 3 bars OR
if short and the curren bar closes above the highest high of the previous 3 bars then
paint a green (neutral bar).

That's it! Is it illegal to sell such an indicator to the public for $99? No. Is it highly unethical? Yes... especially when false claims are made about its sophistication. Comparing PerfecTrend Lines to Abletrend is a joke.

mtuppers

I have used Abletrend and can safely say that PerfecTrend Lines 4.0 is not even close to being in the same league. Abletrend uses price patterns in its calculation of trend.
You don't even need any software to trade PerfecTrend Lines 4.0. The marketing hype on ebay about using the "latest technology available" is a boldface lie! I can look at any chart and draw PerfecTrend Lines 4.0 off the top of my head:

1.) If the current bar closes higher than the highest high of the previous 7 bars, BUY at the market, paint a blue bar on the chart and stay long until a sell signal is generated.

2.) If the current bar closes lower than the lowest low of the previous 7 bars, SELL at the market, paint a red bar on the chart and stay short until a buy signal is generated.

3.) If long and the current bar closes below the lowest low of the previous 3 bars OR
if short and the curren bar closes above the highest high of the previous 3 bars then

That's it! Is it illegal to sell such an indicator to the public for $99? No. Is it highly unethical? Yes... especially when false claims are made about its sophistication. Comparing PerfecTrend Lines to Abletrend is a joke.

you would better to using heiken Ashi, which have same idea

mmil888

Please post perfect trend line indicator for tradestation!!!!

arieka

Don't waste your time! PerfecTrend Lines 4.0 is a rough tool for experienced traders only. You will blow out your account if you blindly follow the signals. PerfecTrend Lines 4.0 generates buy/sell signals when a bar closes outside a seven bar range. So it trades very well in a trending market and gets killed in choppy markets. For example, this morning, it caught the short trade from the 9:30 AM open in the Russell 2000 future contract for about a 5 point profit and then proceeded to have 5 losing trades in a row in the afternoon for a 20+ point loss when the market got choppy. I created a tradestation strategy for this indicator and did several tests on it. It is profitable about 35 percent of the time which is typical for all trend following systems. If you are considering buying this system because you like to be right 90 percent of the time, you will be greatly disappointed with this indicator.

I created the PerfecTrend Line 4.0 for eSignal based on the rules posted by Vanya.
Label and background color can be turned on or off. Screenshots inside the archive.

I do agree with Vanya that it is not a very stable or reliable system. I ran back tests on a few stocks and have found any on which it produced profitable results. Only accummulating losses. However, when I run a back test on on ES, SPX, VXX it does produce very good results.

Attachments

• PerfecTrend.4.0.for.eSignal.rar
    148.7 KB · Views: 97
  • PerfecTrend.4.0.for.eSignal.Back.test.Report.rar
    402 KB · Views: 77

Aurix Exchange