Aurix Exchange

[req] CCI - nrp & mtf advanced

jyrik

Could someone post advanced version where displays arrows on the chart for when the CCI crosses the overbought / oversold

StaticX

Here you go

Just remember that this version has two additional parameters. Smoothing and Smooth Phase.

Set Smoothing to 1 or lower to have this indicator work like the normal "CCI - nrp & mtf" indicator.

Cheers
StaticX

Attachments

• CCI - nrp & mtf advanced.mq4
    13.3 KB · Views: 4

stovedude

I'm sorry. I goofed on the previous one. This should work better...

Attachments

• CCI - nrp & mtf advanced_alerts.mq4
    15.1 KB · Views: 3

peldoman

Here you go

Just remember that this version has two additional parameters. Smoothing and Smooth Phase.

Set Smoothing to 1 or lower to have this indicator work like the normal "CCI - nrp & mtf" indicator.

Cheers
StaticX
I only can find Smooth lenght 5.0 and Smooth Phase 0.0
what do i have to change?

thank you!

StaticX

Hi Peldoman,

Mladen created the new CCI indicator the one named "CCI - nrp & mtf advanced" as a request to have it display arrows on the chart. He then also added, as a bonus, the smoothing parameters (I have sent him a private message asking how exactly these smoothing parameters should be used).

What I was trying to say in my post is that if you want the "CCI - nrp & mtf advanced" indicator to behave exactly the same his previous indicator, the "CCI - nrp & mtf" then you have to set SmoothLength to a value of 1 or lower.

Apologies for not specifiying the exact parameter name, I think I was a little tired when I wrote that first post :)

Cheers
StaticX

stovedude

I had to move the alert code to another area. Apparently it was returning back to the start before activating the alerts.

Attachments

• CCI - nrp & mtf advanced_alerts.mq4
    15.2 KB · Views: 4
This CCI-mtf-nrp-advanced gives me totally different values on a D1 chart compared to standard mt4 cci, mtf_cci from mql codebase and a cci from a different trading platform

I disabled smoothing and tried it with interpolation on and off (for what is that for by the way ?) but still it looks different ...Iam confused:)

stovedude

You need to set SmoothLength to 1 and set the CCIPeriod and CCIPrice to the same as the regular CCI (to set the Price the same, check the regular CCI Price parameter, open the drop-down list and count from the top down, starting with a 0). You will find they are then exactly the same.

Thanks for your answer, i should have added in the first post that i actualy used the same parameters , same tf, same period , same "price" isnt possible cos all the other cci?s dont seem to have that option.

As i thought smoothing a cci line is pretty much stupid for the strat i wanted to try , i turned that off , as you suggested i tried it with the value of one but it didn?t change the fact that CCI_nrp_mtf_advanced shows totaly different values on some days then all the others

Mhh this CCI confuses me a bid , sorry :) So i have another question. Does the color change appears in real time or those it repaint AFTER bar closes ?

jyrik

It should not repaint. But it showing to much of alerts if one signal appearas than he alerts you more than twice a lot more. Could someone fix it.

stovedude

I know that there are a lot of different alerts in this indy. Is it alerting for the same exact thing each time, or are they different alerts? I cheated on this one and used mladen's code from another indy and pasted it into this one, since it was pretty much the same format, so hopefully I can blame it on him:rolleyes:.

jyrik

I know that there are a lot of different alerts in this indy. Is it alerting for the same exact thing each time, or are they different alerts? I cheated on this one and used mladen's code from another indy and pasted it into this one, since it was pretty much the same format, so hopefully I can blame it on him:rolleyes:.

Its alerting the same thing again and over again. If price change 1 pip new alert. It alerts to every price change if it crosses the line what have you put in there. And I think it will keep alert to that time when the candle is closed. But im trading in 4hr tf so its quit big time.

jyrik

Found my problem I think. My overbought and oversold line I put 0 and I put show both exit arrow and enter arrow and then it went crazy with signals. But now I put to show only exit arrows and its working normal. And I dont loose at all nothing because if the line is the same on overbought and oversold then enter and exit arrows are the same.

Aurix Exchange