Aurix Exchange

Req: Decompile of an EA with great potential

awalker

Cyclone 201 EU. I got a demo copy and did a 10 year backtest with a great equity curve and DD. The only thing is it has a fixed 0.1 lotsize for some reason (prob to minimise the DD ?) so I either wanted to play with a decompiled version to vary the lot size or could someone here add a money management and/or fixed lot size parameter ?

Attachments

• TesterGraph.jpg
    TesterGraph.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 0

kookoo23

don?t know how to add mm - just decompiled it - works on live acc too :D EURUSD M5

Attachments

• CYCLONE-201EU_v1_07_EDU.ex4
    28.8 KB · Views: 1
  • CYCLONE-201EU_v1_07_EDU.mq4
    25.9 KB · Views: 4

awalker

Thanks for the decompile I'll try and take a look. I'm a MQL beginner but have some programming background so bear with.

BTW I just used the settings file it comes with, changed manual GMT to 2 and ran a backtest on Alpari UK, with 90% modelling quality, on EURUSD 5 min. I had to use Babel to translate pdf from Japanese, that was an interesting experience.

micscal

Thanks for the decompile I'll try and take a look. I'm a MQL beginner but have some programming background so bear with.

BTW I just used the settings file it comes with, changed manual GMT to 2 and ran a backtest on Alpari UK, with 90% modelling quality, on EURUSD 5 min. I had to use Babel to translate pdf from Japanese, that was an interesting experience.

which setting file, sorry? default setting?

awalker

I've added a fix lot size option and MM option parameters, just running a few backtests/optimisation runs to see what it can do and will post back.

tiapan99

Cyclone Manual (English)

Cyclone Manual (English)

I've added a fix lot size option and MM option parameters, just running a few backtests/optimisation runs to see what it can do and will post back.

Here is the translation of the manual from Japanese to English using google translate:

download :

sorry for not edit it in proper order.

maximo

This is a great EA and owes it's success mainly to special money management code. The lotsize is determined by previous trades
wins+losses, so while the strategy's working it will use normal risk lotsize,
but when it's not going so good it will risk less lotsize.

See the MyFxBook lotsizes below the equity curve to see what I'm
talking about, equity curve averaging forces the equity curve up! :D

It proves MM & risk management are more important than strategy.

Note: version 203EU is a fake... is really ImpulseScalper_v1

Aurix Exchange