Aurix Exchange

[REQ] ForexSTF

Here is the advanced version: I think this one performs better.

EzBusiness

Attachments

• ForexSTF-Adv.ex4
    5.2 KB · Views: 0
  • ForexSTFAdv_EA.pdf
    426.4 KB · Views: 0

fxlion

Thanks once again to @EzBusiness because you let me find out that this whole "genetic algorithm" is just a marketing BULLSH*T. There is no genetic algorithm inside, just like every other EA I've seen cannot be called any kind of "artificial intelligence". It's a disgrace for the author(s) to deliberately LIE to people to make a quick buck and in this case he does not deserve a penny let alone $27 (or $149 - what a joke!!!). Probably it's one of those EA's shared for free by their authors somewhere and commercialized by a greedy sod whose only idea and work was this advertising crap which is as far from the truth as Erebus from MtBlanc. Forex STF uses 4 built-in indicators and that's all they have. If you take a look at user tests and reviews, it does not even perform well (of course I do NOT mean those "reviews" deliberately crafted by people who haven't touched this EA and for the sole purpose of earning a commission). Phew, I hate scammers!

tx413

My favorites are the ones that advertise "neural network" and "advanced neural intelligence" when in reality there's no neural network at all. Just the same old indicators. MA cross, stochastic, RSI, etc.

I actually bought this EA before I found this great forum. Trades stay open for EVER, grabbing huge profit and then seeing the profits dwindle to next to nothing. If you look at FPA's test it only has a handful of trades that lasted months. Entries were nice however, but the exit strategy seems nonexistant.

civicsi411

Thanks once again to @EzBusiness because you let me find out that this whole "genetic algorithm" is just a marketing BULLSH*T. There is no genetic algorithm inside, just like every other EA I've seen cannot be called any kind of "artificial intelligence". It's a disgrace for the author(s) to deliberately LIE to people to make a quick buck and in this case he does not deserve a penny let alone $27 (or $149 - what a joke!!!). Probably it's one of those EA's shared for free by their authors somewhere and commercialized by a greedy sod whose only idea and work was this advertising crap which is as far from the truth as Erebus from MtBlanc. Forex STF uses 4 built-in indicators and that's all they have. If you take a look at user tests and reviews, it does not even perform well (of course I do NOT mean those "reviews" deliberately crafted by people who haven't touched this EA and for the sole purpose of earning a commission). Phew, I hate scammers!

I second that, I wouldn't mind paying $99 or $149 for a descent ea but haven't seen any. If I do come across a descent ea, I would definitely purchase it... or twice because the author deserves it.

stovedude

If the EA has great entries consistently, we can always add great exits ourselves...

Yes, there is no such thing as genetic algorithms and neural networks. It's still a computer processing lines of code, using the same patterns. They really can't be programmed to "learn from their mistakes", because there is no right or wrong, win or lose, in the computer's view. They can optimize themselves, but conditions will be different the moment they apply the new settings.

fxlion

I actually bought this EA before I found this great forum. Trades stay open for EVER, grabbing huge profit and then seeing the profits dwindle to next to nothing. If you look at FPA's test it only has a handful of trades that lasted months. Entries were nice however, but the exit strategy seems nonexistant.
Take a look at a default TP of 500 pips and you'll know why trades seem to last forever.

My favorites are the ones that advertise "neural network" and "advanced neural intelligence" when in reality there's no neural network at all. Just the same old indicators. MA cross, stochastic, RSI, etc.
Oh yes, there were such empty claims as well. I bet that even representing the problem as a chromosome and the design of evaluation function are beyond the non-artificial intelligence of those bullsh*t "gurus" pushing their crap for $97 or more. I wonder how many customers decide to claim their money back.

If the EA has great entries consistently, we can always add great exits ourselves...

Yes, there is no such thing as genetic algorithms and neural networks. It's still a computer processing lines of code, using the same patterns. They really can't be programmed to "learn from their mistakes", because there is no right or wrong, win or lose, in the computer's view. They can optimize themselves, but conditions will be different the moment they apply the new settings.
I believe that genetic algorithms and neural networks can be used and are used by those who can pay for this kind of solution, however you will not find them on the market.

jdmtech

When Neural Networks and Genetic Algorithm DO exists... Beware of the Terminators coming your way... :D

fxlion

I guess he did not mean they do not exist at all. He meant that they are not inside this "robot". Genetic algorithms are used in MT strategy tester, but it doesn't mean that the EA we're speaking of is using them to adapt to new market conditions for example.

jdmtech

Marketing EA's is the new HYIP to lure people to buy "state-of-the-art" robots.. :rolleyes:

Well.. New and new.. This marketing hyip is getting bigger, that's for sure!

Aurix Exchange