Aurix Exchange

[Req] ICHIMOKU Strategy

stovedude

We are still trying to attract more members for jForex. rwrz heads up that department for us. I've had only a little luck with ichimoku. It seems to miss a lot of the trend and can give false signals most of the time, but if you're really good, you can make it profitable (even at low % win rate).

stovedude

I love range bars, but it's so hard to find a good setup or indicator, because of the noise. You can pick up some pretty good pips if you're paying attention.

rwrz

Hello, i dont have any strategy for jForex yet... only the dukascopy contest ones.

We can create one, what is the rules? :D

stovedude

Usually with Ichimoku, it is:

Long when price above cloud (SA>SB) and T>K and C>price (C will be lagging behind whatever number of bars in the settings). Reverse for shorts. It is a profitable strategy, but not very aggressive.

salyvpaul

Ichi -Shaff confirmation is more agreesive than ichi 360 v.8. My computer dont allow me to attach here (some bug problem with my pc). If someone has please attach here and I would request if SD could provide an sound and text alter to it. Thanks in Advance. (I will keep trying to attach the indi, if no one has it ready available.

This is the first time i heard about this thus I have no idea of the strategy that it can offer. Thus, when I read the thread, I tried to look for ICHI and I discover that it has good features too. I may consider using it soon.
You must be registered for see images

rvlvvel

HI stovedude
Ichimoku is one very good thing.
only thing is you did nt get a good teacher teach it to you. Hubert Senters gives good course on it with good explanation.
please take a new look at it.

you felt that you got false signals becoz you could not separate Sidways zone from trendzone.
TAKE A FRESH LOOK AT IT.
it works above 60% of time.
it has limitations.
time limit-dont exceed time limit
on a 5min or 10 min chart,once a move begins the move trend can last max upto 4 hours. you gt off after 3 hours.
on a 60min chart the nw trend move lasts max upto 3days, but you please get off after 2half days.
a trend line acts as good safety filter.
I am looking for Hubert senters presentation on ichimoku -i saw some video short one long ago.FXstreet has some presentations.
LAGGING LINE IS ADVANCE INDICAOF TREND CHANGE
IT TELLS US WELL BEFORE PRICE CHANGE BEGINS.

things to do
1. write a rule set-test at least 30 tests on M5 OR M10 historic data
DO TESTS ON 60MIN H1
2.Perfect your rules by live testing minimum 30 tests
Focus on risk first
Take limited profits (about 60% of distance between entry and previous support or resistance)
valid support is a recent lowest price when looking to left of current price.
valid resistance is recent highest price left of current price-not other way .

These are my views and please dont feel bad incase it doesnt appeal at first glance.
small youtube video here

regards

rvlvvel

hi guys
look in a new perspective?
in the above charts,a sure buy is when stochastics cross above 85,exit once stoch falls below 85 or use a moving average on price(ema8 or ema13) till it gets crossed upwards.

Aurix Exchange