one to one coaching

Req: Is it possible to view

vadimt

Hi All,

Anyone has a stoch indicator that can be used in a 5 min TF, but showing the values of 30 min stoch....oh huh.., reading it I myself am getting confused.:) Is it possible to attach a 30 min TF stoch indicator in 5 min TF to show me the 30 min stochs..., If anyone has such an indicator.., please share.., greatly appreciated.

vadimt

Hi Radicaltour,

Thanks a lot and i'm eagerly awaiting you to come back on QQE. I love you people and love this forum. Thanks a zillion Sirs!

vadimt

Hi Radicaltour,

Just one question regarding this MTF stoch.., should i change the timeframe in the input to 30 min for me to see a 30 min stoch in the 5 min TF?.., i tried this and the one that appeared was somewhat straight line u cud say.., not the usual stoch with its oscillating movements... or is it possible to change the periods for example..., if i'm using 5, 3, 3 combo., for a 30 min to appear should i change the 5, 3, 3 to 30, 3, 3? Please tell me if this can be done.., thanks again.

stovedude

This is how the MTF indies work. The higher TF will move much slower than the lower by nature, so the indicator will show a slow moving line (due to the fact that the higher TF candles open and close less often, and indicators are based only on open and closed candles). If you enter a higher stoch period for a higher TF, it will be even slower.

On another note, if you use a 30 min chart and a MTF indicator set to a lower TF, you will get an erratic line, because what you see is the lower TF stochastics value in a small specific moment of time on the higher TF, which is usually useless IMHO, because you can't see the total movement.

MTF indies have their place in trading, and you can use them profitably with the right knowledge and a good strategy. Usually, they are only a visual aid to eliminate switching between TF's.

(BTW, RadicalTour is the "other" great guy here, but sometimes I get radical too.)

radicaltour

VIP Member
hi vadimt,
i'm glad you sorted out the fact that stovedude and I are different people. Although i pale in comparison to stovedude in terms of his good-nature-constant-energetic-always-helping-people attitude. :)

I would gladly help do some of the coding work but i've been busy lately. So i'll try to pitch in here and there...but stovedude is an incredibly generous person with his time.

vadimt

Hi Radicaltour,

I would say just by your presence you people give us confidence that some help is available and something good is going to happen sooner or later.:). Thanks a lot for all the time and patience and a reaching out heart.

one to one coaching