REQ: Quantbar Strategy EA

fxolive

Friends,

Does any one uses the Quant bar strategy & Indicator? I think this strategy is having potential. If we get the Indicator we can make an EA to Backtest.

Regards,
fxolive.

I think this really works. Yes, would be great to have an EA. Nowadays who sits 24 hours a day before a computer screen?))

arun_g_p

I might try to code it if I get some time this week. However, am not very convinced of the edge of this logic. The trade example he has there doesn't make any sense. The candle spiked over 100 pips because there was an economic data release and this is obviously completely uncorrelated to price action on two previous bars in EURUSD. It looks like he is attempting to build something similar to what HFT algos are using but for that, you need to go much lower frequencies.

I don't believe beautiful examples either. This is pure marketing. However if there is a mathematical probability of profits higher than losses behind all this then I don't care. If we have an EA we can test it and prove him wrong or be happy fellows).

gigabrainy

Hello.
I made some quick tries with few lines of code... I've tested 99% on EU....

I'm sorry but it does not look so good.

Capella

VIP Member
I might try to code it if I get some time this week. However, am not very convinced of the edge of this logic. The trade example he has there doesn't make any sense. The candle spiked over 100 pips because there was an economic data release and this is obviously completely uncorrelated to price action on two previous bars in EURUSD. It looks like he is attempting to build something similar to what HFT algos are using but for that, you need to go much lower frequencies.

Your link doesn't work, re-upload to sendspace.

quintana

try this link Another member who simply does not keep up on the rules. I am not going to keep repeating myself. No myfxbook links

braddock

try this link
it work
this is not quantbar ....this link is quantbarpro and have nothing to do with the quandbarindi / ea .....but its same vendor....the quantbarprolink is a pammaccount und you need min. 5000$ to start with quantbarpro.....read the myfxbooktalk there

intellectmoon

The video does not show the complete strategy, it shows only the conditions for Long and Short entries.

Although the author mentioned SL=100 pips and TP=100 pips, he also mentioned that it hardly hit. That might implied he might be using trailing stop.

Has anyone subscribed to the managed account? Please share your experience and result. Thanks.

Jason Kwok

The video does not show the complete strategy, it shows only the conditions for Long and Short entries.

Although the author mentioned SL=100 pips and TP=100 pips, he also mentioned that it hardly hit. That might implied he might be using trailing stop.

Has anyone subscribed to the managed account? Please share your experience and result. Thanks.

He also said enter in the direction of the trend. Maybe he is using higher time frame to decide the trend. :)

maximo

I coded an indicator for it from the video.

Someone check the bars are correct by comparing the other indi.

If it is correct then I will code the EA for it.

Attachments

mkowa

Many thanks for your effort. I think you did not take the last two bars but the actual and the last. I corrected that and tested the whole year 2014 with h1 timeframe and low modelling qualtiy since only close data is used. The trade is opened just for the next bar.
It is not profitable.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

maximo

Only one trade at a time and not ticks, use closed H1 bar.

so use >> if (newbar()) for opening positions...
It's currently only being used to close positions in that mq4

The problem with opening them on the tick is most bars will close much higher or lower
than the initial lowest Threshold that triggers a trade. Basically the tick is forcing all
trades to enter at the lowest possible activation Threshold, so the result is the worst
that it can possibly be. Add 'newbar' and retest.