one to one coaching

[Req] Robominer

Squall

Requesting the latest/best performing version of Robominer. The only thread about it on this forum has a dead link.

Also, if you have experience with this robot (good or bad) please let me know. Any help is appreciated.

stovedude

Robominer blew out too many accounts by the increasing DD. I don't know if they ever made any better versions though.

maximo

Yeh I was convinced it was a good trading strategy for around 6 months.. I slowly discovered the high negative swap rates were eroding all the profits. This is due to short positions being held while the AUDNZD slowly trends up month after month. The current negative swap rate is -$8 per day with one of the better brokers Go Markets. I allocated 3K$ equity per micro lot (0.01) well within recommended allotment, which survived a 55% drawdown from when it was $1.20 fortunately I realised this could get ugly later on and managed to get out at around breakeven 7 months later..

I'm now trading my own grid strategy on AUDNZD which trades in the opposite direction to Robominer. It's always long to accumulate $4 swap per day and profit from a larger grid of 100 points at the same time. The swap works out to be a 2.75% return per unit held per week. With proper equity management and trading in the right direction you should be able to yield around 25%pa safely or after 3 years 100% with compounding included. It's a very slow method, but look at it this way.. which bank offers to double your money every 3 years?

lerxst

Maximo,

Thanks for the post for AUDNZD, when you mentioned the % annual return are you calculating using the swap fees as % of balance?

Also, for using grid size of 100 points, what starting lot sizes are you using? I've traded AUDNZD on a short term basis off of s/r points on 1 and 4 hr charts, but haven't held onto it long term like you so this seems like a really interesting strategy.

Best

M

Mitchel

It is more available for free but there is no use it also as it has done more harm than the good.There are many reports according to which the software has deleted their accounts and information and predicted wrong statistics. I have no experience of it as i am the only ht data provider not the Forex trader.

maximo

Maximo,

Thanks for the post for AUDNZD, when you mentioned the % annual return are you calculating using the swap fees as % of balance?
The swap rate % for each unit held. Currently the return per 0.01 microlot is 22c per week. Over a period of 36 weeks this accumulates to around $8 which is the same as 1 grid position profit of 100 pips. So that total % return is a combination of interest collected from both open positions and profit collected from positions closed out.

Also, for using grid size of 100 points, what starting lot sizes are you using? I've traded AUDNZD on a short term basis off of s/r points on 1 and 4 hr charts, but haven't held onto it long term like you so this seems like a really interesting strategy.

Best
I allocate 2.5k$ equity per 0.01 microlots, leverage 500:1. This is based on testing the worst period for trading this in 2002-2003. By trading with say 25K$ balance compounding can be done every 4 months by adding 1 micro lot since an extra 2.5k$ equity would be realised with that amount of equity over that period.

one to one coaching