Aurix Exchange

REQ: RT 4 Season EA

techboy

Rita Lasker just release her new EA, I hope somebody can share in the forum!

Thanks in advance!

Bt 4 year 2010 doesn't look good

not really badly.....the problem is drawdown 37%!

Simbolo EURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar)
Periodo 1 Ora (H1) 2010.01.04 01:00 - 2010.12.30 23:00 (2010.01.01 - 2010.12.31)
Modello Ogni tick (il metodo precissimo sulla base di tutti gli intervalli di tempo minimi)
Parametri Lot=0.1; StopLoss=30; MAGIC=51345678;
Barre sotto esame 7165 Ticks adoperati per il modello 11503230 Qualita' del modello 90.00%
Errori di grafici 0
Deposito iniziale 1000.00
Profitto totale netto 1095.41 Profitto lordo 5418.40 Perdita lorda -4322.99
Fattore di profitto (profit factor) 1.25 Ricompensa attesa 3.90
Drawdown assoluto 222.46 Drawdown massimo 524.47 (37.20%) Drawdown relativo 37.20% (524.47)
Operazioni totali 281 Posizioni al ribasso (vincite %) 140 (30.00%) Posizioni al rialzo (vincite %) 141 (28.37%)
Operazioni con profitto (% del totale) 82 (29.18%) Operazioni in perdita (% del totale) 199 (70.82%)
Il piu' grande operazione con profito 252.58 operazione in perdita -26.19
Media operazione con profito 66.08 operazione in perdita -21.72
Massimo vincite consecutive (profitto in denaro) 3 (130.21) perdite consecutive (perdita in denaro) 12 (-236.03)
Massimale profitto consecutivo (numero delle vincite) 285.84 (2) perdita consecutiva (numero delle perdite) -236.03 (12)
Media vincite consecutive 1 perdite consecutive 3

Attachments

• TesterGraph.jpg
    TesterGraph.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 1

John_FXUK

looks like edu has gone wrong, its only losing.....anyhow thanks to capella for the effort

Yes it's not closing the trade and produces an error in the tester journal, there is a note in the original zip (which is from an EA copy site) posted just before the edu version, that says errors are caused when decompiling with 224. I decompiled it with my 224.1 and it was better but still has an error closing the trade and I'm now looking to see what's gone missing from that closing routine, as it seems ok apart from that, well the edu version here was also opening 4 duplicate trades at a time, maybe decompiling with a later version will be ok.

It does make a good profit overall and in most conditions, but could do much better with the use of a trailing stop and other improvements, so it is worth decompiling it with a later version or fixing the code. I'll report back if I manage to solve the command issue, but my coding skills are not great so someone may beat me to it. ;)

Update: I've now corrected it by removing the error check line, see line starting with // in mq4 section below, it doesn't seem required and is not used in other EAs, so it could have been enabled somehow when decompiling, I'm not sure and please let me know if it is best put back in and corrected, but it now works well and I've even corrected the output messages, that full edu pack is attached, if you find it profitable then please purchase. ;) I think it has scope for a lot of improvement.

Code:
void CloseOrders(int a_cmd_0 = -1) {
   color l_color_8;
   double l_price_12;
   string ls_20;
   bool l_ord_close_28;
   for (int l_pos_4 = OrdersTotal() - 1; l_pos_4 >= 0; l_pos_4--) {
      OrderSelect(l_pos_4, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);
   //   while (iCheckError(GetLastError(), OrderType()) == 1) 
     {
            if (!IsTesting()) {
            while (!IsTradeAllowed()) Sleep(5000);
            RefreshRates();

techboy

I like the strategy of this EA, the stop loss is very minimal, it may not execute a high volume trade but you can be assure that it will add more pips on your account.

techboy

Back testing graph done in the period of Jan to June 2011 on EUR/USD at 20 pips stop loss, higher stop loss yield lesser profits. :)

The strategy could be more profitable if they add money management feature
The EA does not have mm feature, but you can increase the lots to increase profits. The strategy seems profitable without the danger of capital wipe out.

Attachments

• TesterGraph.jpg
    TesterGraph.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 1

John_FXUK

Re-made edu mq4

Re-made edu mq4

Hi everyone

I managed to fix the mq4 file issues and also corrected the messages, so I've made a new edu pack, it works well and it's attached to my previous post just above. :)

I've "educated" this EA. Enjoy :)

please, i used this EA on my 2 separate demo accounts but realised that it opens 4 trades at a time and was thinking may be it's malfunctioning or is that the way it works? pls, kindly help.

wis3m4n

please, i used this EA on my 2 separate demo accounts but realised that it opens 4 trades at a time and was thinking may be it's malfunctioning or is that the way it works? pls, kindly help.

Hi,
no it's not right! either use Wis3m4n's share (witch is .ex4 but properly working) or use John_FXUK's share (witch is .mq4 but fixed = working normal). Just read the previous post's... :)

(...CAPPELA, NO HARD FELLING'S PLEASE! ;)...)

Capella

VIP Member
Hi,
no it's not right! either use Wis3m4n's share (witch is .ex4 but properly working) or use John_FXUK's share (witch is .mq4 but fixed = working normal). Just read the previous post's... :)

(...CAPPELA, NO HARD FELLING'S PLEASE! ;)...)

NP :)
FYI. I decompiled this EA using v. 225 of EX4_TO_MQ4, a version that doesn't alter the code like the 224 or earlier versions can do. Also, I ***ONLY*** commented out the lines that restrcted this EA to run after the date 2011.06.28. Note: This EA does not call functios in any DLL and is/was very easy to "educate". And I think the code is buggy and needs to be imrpoved.

John_FXUK

Re-made into advanced multi-currency version

Re-made into advanced multi-currency version

The strategy could be more profitable if they add money management feature The EA does not have mm feature ...
Hi everyone

The EA does have a lot more inside with an advanced money management feature and a lot more and I've brought it all to the surface and improved it in a single multi-currency version (ATR and sig settings are there for other currencies, set files enclosed), it now makes almost twice as much as before and is probably now one of the most impressive I've had access to in terms of gains and consistency on the EURUSD over 2010 - 2011 so far.

With MM using funds that can support 600 pips / lot (so about $66 / micro lot with margin) then it can make compounded gains of over 50x (5,000%) for the last 12 months and with fairly low drawdown. It's a swing EA so it makes a few small losses before catching a swing, average TP (I've added a TP feature as it helps a lot) was as high as 340 pips on EURUSD. More details and set files in the attached RAR file.

The code is ok and seems well written, it even uses a common reference point for NormalizeDouble termed 'ND' and that seems to make it a lot faster in testing. The error function I disabled (see recent post) was just over-kill and there are other error routines that aren't really required, but it's all working very well and very fast in testing. I don't think it was made by the source as they don't seem to know what they doing with it (or what they really have ;) ), plus so much was hidden that needed to be on the surface.

Enjoy. :D

PS. It could do with more functions to improve it further and may be able to fit inside Stovedude's generic EA code as breakeven and trail functions could improve it further, but best left to autoclose mid-range (up to 200 pips) to make the best gains.

John_FXUK

Post above got delayed

Post above got delayed

Hi everyone

I added the post above over a day ago but it required approval by the mods and got delayed, hope you enjoy the more advanced version. :D

fx 4 seasons performance updates

fx 4 seasons performance updates

just to keep updated on fx 4 season performance on my demo account:
GBP/USD: +80 pips on at the moment and still trading
EUR/USD: +300 Pips and still trading on

I am using the edu version with the default settings and i use a trailing stop of 30pips in the beginning but later when the trade got 300pips, i moved the SL to 180pips profit in case of any reversal and that is what i am still using now. for Gbp/usd, i use a trailing stop of 70pips, so as not to be cut off by any reversal but still monitoring it.

Aurix Exchange