one to one coaching

(REQ) Volatility Quality Index

asim.iqbal

:)K, It is :)K, Thank you Stove!
Now one more request I have. Please make the indicator MTF (Inputs of Different Time Frames Value) "Signal - Volatility Quality NRP - Stridsman" from 2nd post.

vitoingletto

please would you have a look at the link:
Sorry for uploading a link of another forum. I Hope the picture is sufficiently clear of what I am trying to solve. It's all about multitimeframe indicator VQ. I show the same/identical set graph indicators which give both arrows signal but with 5 minutes delay each other. The EA and the mail signal works (indifferently on M1&M5 GRAPH) according the M5 signal. That's a real pity because we lost, in this case, the first 5 minute earlier the signal when the movement is stronger and more robust. Please note that both M1&M5 indicators are in steady mode. Please, There is any way to modify the indicator/EA to make them working on the first signal (the very first one om M1 graph )? A 2 cents suggestion. Would be already enough to make the EA works on the color change.... thank for your attention. Ad maiora!
Use the ea on 5 minnute graph...:)

It still needs some work on the slow dotted line, because it doesn't cross at the same time as the regular indicator on that TF, but check it out. Maybe it's better anyway. MTF can be a little tricky when you have a bunch of calculations on previous buffer values.

I try to download this usefull indi,but every links work anymore.Please reload them in a rar or on a valid link.Thank a lot..

stovedude

please would you have a look at the link:
Sorry for uploading a link of another forum. I Hope the picture is sufficiently clear of what I am trying to solve. It's all about multitimeframe indicator VQ. I show the same/identical set graph indicators which give both arrows signal but with 5 minutes delay each other. The EA and the mail signal works (indifferently on M1&M5 GRAPH) according the M5 signal. That's a real pity because we lost, in this case, the first 5 minute earlier the signal when the movement is stronger and more robust. Please note that both M1&M5 indicators are in steady mode. Please, There is any way to modify the indicator/EA to make them working on the first signal (the very first one om M1 graph )? A 2 cents suggestion. Would be already enough to make the EA works on the color change.... thank for your attention. Ad maiora!
Use the ea on 5 minnute graph...:)
It needs to be decompiled first my friend...

vitoingletto

In the EA I change :

// expert start function
int start(){int j=0,limit=1;double BV=0,SV=0;BV=0;SV=0;double VQ1,VQ2;
if(CntO(OP_BUY,Magic)>0)TL=1;if(CntO(OP_SELL,Magic)>0)TL=-1;for(int i=1;i<=limit;i++){

VQ1=iCustom(NULL,0,"VQ",Crash,TimeFrame,Length,Method,Smoothing,Filter,RealTime,Steady,3,i);
VQ2=iCustom(NULL,0,"VQ",Crash,TimeFrame,Length,Method,Smoothing,Filter,RealTime,Steady,4,i);

if(VQ2>0&&VQ1<EMPTY_VALUE){if(Reverse)SV=1;else BV=1;break;}
if(VQ1>0&&VQ2<EMPTY_VALUE){if(Reverse)BV=1;else SV=1;break;}}

in:

// expert start function
if(CntO(OP_BUY,Magic)>0)TL=1;if(CntO(OP_SELL,Magic)>0)TL=-1;for(int i=1;i<=limit;i++){

VQ1=iCustom(NULL,60,"VQ",Crash,TimeFrame,Length,Method,Smoothing,Filter,RealTime,Steady,3,i);
VQ2=iCustom(NULL,60,"VQ",Crash,TimeFrame,Length,Method,Smoothing,Filter,RealTime,Steady,4,i);

if(VQ2>0&&VQ1<EMPTY_VALUE){if(Reverse)SV=1;else BV=1;break;}
if(VQ1>0&&VQ2<EMPTY_VALUE){if(Reverse)BV=1;else SV=1;break;}}

try on eurusd 5m-15m-30m with the attached set (no multiframe).

But still, with multiframe (any 5/15/30/60 min) set indicator parameters, the ea opens 5/15/30/60 min after the signal on the 1m graph, although the arrow appears at the end of the first according 1m candle. Attached rar file with EA-INDICATOR-SET :D

It needs to be decompiled first my friend...

stovedude

To get the signal on the open candle, change the last line here:

// expert start function
if(CntO(OP_BUY,Magic)>0)TL=1;if(CntO(OP_SELL,Magic )>0)TL=-1;for(int i=1;i<=limit;i++){

To this:

for(int i=0;i<=limit;i++)

vitoingletto

unfortunately is not enough... :( on the screen VQ indicator h1 on 1M graph. The signal Open exactly 60 minutes after...
To get the signal on the open candle, change the last line here:

// expert start function
if(CntO(OP_BUY,Magic)>0)TL=1;if(CntO(OP_SELL,Magic )>0)TL=-1;for(int i=1;i<=limit;i++){

To this:

for(int i=0;i<=limit;i++)

stovedude

please have a look on the picture on the following link>>>
Now I see what you mean. It was coded for H1 and not for the chart TF. Try this one. A new parameter was added - UseClosedCandle - set to true for a closed candle signal, or false for an immediate open candle signal.

vitoingletto

sorry Stovedude doesn't work properly. It opens positions after much more time that the signal appears on the screen. I'll try to describe my observations, maybe would be helpfull to make more clear what I noticed on runtime. I saw that whenever we use a vq mf indi (example 60m on 1mtf) usuallly the signal that appears is much stronger in \first minutes after it appears. If we take 2 graph with the same mf indi, with identical set (exam. 60m on 1mtf), one on 60mtf and one on 5mtf, we should note that the signal on 1mtf apears on the first closed candle while on the 6mtf we must wait the end of the first 60m candle. It's true that sometimes, even on steady mode, it repaints inside the 60m time but usuallly the first candles go already in the direction that will take after 1 hour. That is logically not true near the news, but in the rest of the day could give some interesting signals on the 3 pips target. I naturally thought that a the ea could wait in my place because we talk of 1 or 2 operation a day, but that are very probable to happen. I tried to modify the ea but with no result, so I thought that probaly we don't need an ea that open on the signal arrow but on the candle color change on screen. I attach another vq bar indi that helps to better understand what I meant. Mladen on forextsd told me that I can't use a 60m indi signal on 1m on 1m tf because I would get a lot of false signal and it's undoubtly true, but if we don't make the ea in order to backtest and make it works in demo, we'll never be able to understand this. The vq indi actually works much better on higher tf as was amplely said in the forextsd thread but I did't find nobody on the net able to make a decent ea on this indi. That is what I am trying to do with no success. Thank for your attention.
Now I see what you mean. It was coded for H1 and not for the chart TF. Try this one. A new parameter was added - UseClosedCandle - set to true for a closed candle signal, or false for an immediate open candle signal.

stovedude

I believe it is due to the repainting nature. The EA only looks back one bar (the last closed bar) of the TF that is set in the parameters. The only way to solve the problem is to observe it in forward. Backtesting is useless for MTF, unless the new builds have revamped that limitation.

one to one coaching