[REQ] Volume Price Confirmation Indicator (VPCI)

cleverjoe

Hello my friends!

I would like to request an indicator for MT4.
This indicator relates Volume with Price.
I dont know how to explain.
But you can read it from this article.

Hopefully generous programmer could create this indicator based on the article above.
Not to forget, 'how to use' this indicator is also explained in the article.
Thank in advance to anyone who could code and share it here. :)

p/s: I've requested in 'wishlist mql programming' thread. But I posted it here because I am not sure which one is the right one. I am sorry if I was wrong.

cadolino

hi cleverjoe

found this thread : h**p://forum.mql4.com/33132 ...perhaps we can use the indi?...also here is a good overview how to use it -the part with the VPCI strategy: h**p://www.tradecision.com/support/tasc_tips/VPCI.htm

regards
Cado

PS: this seems to be better...from Vinin...take a look at the pic last post on this thread/page1 : h**p://forum.mql4.com/ru/12535 ...

cleverjoe

hi cleverjoe

found this thread : h**p://forum.mql4.com/33132 ...perhaps we can use the indi?...also here is a good overview how to use it -the part with the VPCI strategy: h**p://www.tradecision.com/support/tasc_tips/VPCI.htm

regards
Cado

PS: this seems to be better...from Vinin...take a look at the pic last post on this thread/page1 : h**p://forum.mql4.com/ru/12535 ...

thank you for your help cadolino. :)

actually i have downloaded from h**p://forum.mql4.com/33132 and also from h**p://forum.mql4.com/ru/12535 earlier.

but i think both are differently coded if compared to the one in the article.
what i mean is visually different.

anyway thank you for sharing.
i still hope the proper one will be shared here.

cadolino

hi joe

i was so intriged by your req ...i realized , that what i found, was not the same as of the pdf-description...therefore i postet only the links and not indicators...don't want to spam the forum...:)

i hope too stovedude or anybody else would try to code this indi...pleeeeeeeease...:)

cleverjoe

hi joe

i was so intriged by your req ...i realized , that what i found, was not the same as of the pdf-description...therefore i postet only the links and not indicators...don't want to spam the forum...:)

i hope too stovedude or anybody else would try to code this indi...pleeeeeeeease...:)

it's ok. yeah.. its a bit different.
cadolino, do you think this VPCI is useful tool for trading? in the article, the author compared VPCI with OBV. based on the result, VPCI clearly the winner. but im not sure how useful it is if i want to integrate it into my trading strategy. all i know is the advantage of this kind of indicator is about 'Volume'.
lets just hope someone will be able to code it so everyone can test the strategy based on the article. :)

stovedude

Okay, okay. Here are both variations. You can add the bollinger to it by taking the BB from the Indicators list (not the Custom Indicators list) in the Navigator window, and dragging it to the indy window and then choose Apply To - First Indicator Data and setting the BB settings.

Attachments

• #VPCI.mq4
    3.2 KB · Views: 30
  • #VWMA.mq4
    1.5 KB · Views: 22

cleverjoe

big thanks! :)

big thanks! :)

how generous you are stovedude! :D
thank you so much for your help.
lets see if it is useful enough to add into our trading tool.
maybe everyone here could share views about this indicator.
thanks again stovedude.

cadolino

it's ok. yeah.. its a bit different.
cadolino, do you think this VPCI is useful tool for trading?...:)

the traded volume is important - of course...the "big boys" use this for their favour, national banks too...

but bear in mind: we are "small fishes"...the traded volume would depend on brocker's number of customers...so it's a kind of a "local" indi...:)

regards
Cado

H

hermes

I am not in stock market and never use volume indies. If you trade the 6 US pairs you never need them. Only if you trade exotic pairs like Ozobuzo/ Guanda then you need them badly! Replace them rather with good momentum indy.
Hermes

maximo

Thanks Cleverjoe,

I had a look around for metastock formula for VWMA and VPCI oscillator, did not find any which use the formula in that eBook, so I coded them for stocks and often those indicators will signal buying or selling interest before price moves :D

Not right section for Metastock code, but programmers can convert to Metatrader formula if they have an interest.

{ VWMA on price }

[target=price]
[color=lime green; width=2]
pp:=V/mov(V,21,S);
dv:=pp*Close;
(mov(dv,21,S) - mov(C,21,S)) / mov(C,21,S) + C;

mov(C,21,S);

-----------------------------

{ VPCI oscillator }

[color=lime green; width=2]
pp:=V/mov(V,21,S);
dv:=pp*Close;
(mov(dv,21,S)/mov(C,21,S))-1;

0;

Attachments

• VPCIonDTL.jpg
    VPCIonDTL.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 28

cadolino

Thanks Cleverjoe,

...so I coded them for stocks and often those indicators will signal buying or selling interest before price moves :D

yes, that's the reason i'm interested in this kind of volume indis... one can watch, when the "bigger boys" (* or should i say "insider"?...:) *) place their orders, without changing the current price movement...it's the same game on forex ...

Cado

cleverjoe

hm.. somehow this indicator looks a bit compressed when we tried to forward and back the chart. is it normal? or am i the only one seeing it this way? :eek:

stovedude

Yes, if there is a huge increase in volume in one area, it can increase the window range, causing the lower values to dwarf closer to 0.

timi

Effort index

Effort index

Hello,
I have found an indicator called Effort index for Amibroker. I think it'll be helpful to have it for MT4, because i couldn't find a similar version. It could be helpful, maybe in combination with other indicators such as Better volume.

Unfortunately I don't use Amibroker, therefore, I don't really know the logic behind this AFL code.

Information and logic for this indicator are here:
karthikmarar.blogspot.ro/2013/06/effort-index-afl.html

thx

peteneras

Hello,
I have found an indicator called Effort index for Amibroker. I think it'll be helpful to have it for MT4, because i couldn't find a similar version. It could be helpful, maybe in combination with other indicators such as Better volume.

Unfortunately I don't use Amibroker, therefore, I don't really know the logic behind this AFL code.

Information and logic for this indicator are here:
karthikmarar.blogspot.ro/2013/06/effort-index-afl.html

thx
Yeah, it's an interesting indicator.
Maybe someone can make this indicator for Mt4 please?

Aurix Exchange