Aurix Exchange

Rover North Forex EA

vit007

New highly recomended EA.

Need to be educated ,EX4-TO-MQ4 Decompiler 4.0.229.1from
will do it.
Thanks.
Vit

BELOW POST #5 SYSTEM IS EDUCATED AND AUTOMATED.

PedroPT

Hi,

The reports of this ea is fantastic..! I?m Starting today my test of this ea and i share whith you my test account.

started at - 3/2/2011 :)

maximo

Great PedroPT!

Looking forward to hearing about your experience with this EA.

I've got it on demo and did 1 trade +50 pips, closed it out manually on EURUSD Friday night AEST.

Does anyone know if the active trailing stop actually works ?
as I have not seen it activate on mine yet..
Perhaps it only works if TakeProfit > 0 ?

vit007

Automated

Automated

New highly recomended EA.

Need to be aducated ,EX4-TO-MQ4 Decompiler 4.0.229.1from
will do it.
Thanks.
Vit

Here is rovernorth fully autometed . You dont have to be glue to your monitor and wait for the signal.
After optimization the best S/L 50.
After all I dont find its profitable anough to put any real $$$ on it.
I wonder how can one win any major competition using this system???
Vit

Attachments

• RN_TAV2-auto.mq4
    20.2 KB · Views: 2
  • rover_north.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 1

Platinum trader

So has anyone here hear of this author before or is this his first attempt at pitching us on this old classic strategy?

The EA from what I understand in above posts cannot be backtested without further modifications, per stovedude as its poorly written?

I would be curious to see how it performs in a whipsaw or choppy market but if no back testing can be performed I guess its only forward testing only at this point.

Is there anything different about this EA from other MA EA's?

Thanks to all of you here who put so much effort into this forex business!

It is both a priviledge & honor to be part of this website/community!

maximo

Yes I'd agree its poorly written and some effort has gone into preventing this from being backtested, by not having an auto trade option (in sold EA) and no usable default parameters like TP or SL.

I went over a few trades in the demo statement and it appears he did use an autotrading robot in competition, but not exactly the one they are selling. This is evidenced by trades closing and opening within the same minute, which means he had a stop & reverse option in his EA. (handles a choppy market ;P) Also from demo statement it appears not to strictly follow all 3 TF averages, though this could be attributed to an earlier coding mistake in the demo EA as those trades produced had negative outcomes.

encl. study pic of evidence to that affect

stovedude

Looks like the whole problem of backtesting is because you need to enter a SL and TP. Otherwise, it will enter only one trade and forget the TS, and as long as it didn't get a MC, it could go on forever. Replace with this version, which is a little improved. Now it needs optimized. I'm not even sure what pair and TF is best. One site says E/U m5.

Attachments

• RN_TAV2_edu_mod.mq4
    20.6 KB · Views: 2

sliffy

Stovedude, thx for coding :)

i guess thiy system won't work with fixed sl
according to the manual we should exit the trade when the price closes below the trend signal line (144 ema) on long trade or above the trend signal line on short trade

could you code it?

maximo

Tah Stovedude,

See the lot multiplier in init() function is in the wrong place and not being used.. more poor coding.

Note the TimeFrames are locked to PERIOD_M5, PERIOD_M15 & PERIOD_M30. Yet the manual says you can use other time frames if you wish??? Unless they rewrite the EA then No other timeframes are possible with this EA. So I would not believe everything written in the manual.

It's clear that they did use an EA similar to this, but it had a reverse trade function in it. This can be seen from the close and reopen times. They are executed exactly on the same minute a trade was reopened in the opposite direction when an opposite signal arrived. This would also prevent a MC in the short term at least by going with any new trend signal instead of waiting to margin out in a wrong direction.

One can only speculate why they did not choose to sell the actual EA that won the competition. If it does make 121%-314% per month consistantly then that could be it.. or selling a substandard EA and passing it off as a winner while making many $'s from it.. talk about having your cake and eating it too! :0

dmpeddie

Rover North System

Rover North System

I bought this also when it came out and have been running it for two days on a demo account at HotForex. So far, it has 8 winning trades and 2 loosers and 2 are still open over the weekend. I asked if a fully automated EA was planned and they said yes as an upgrade to current customers sometime soon. I set the SL for 40 and the TP for 15, not know where to try it - what settings is everyone else using? Does the EA attached to a previous post really provide the same code only with no message - it just does the trade???

Trixi

I bought this also when it came out and have been running it for two days on a demo account at HotForex. So far, it has 8 winning trades and 2 loosers and 2 are still open over the weekend. I asked if a fully automated EA was planned and they said yes as an upgrade to current customers sometime soon. I set the SL for 40 and the TP for 15, not know where to try it - what settings is everyone else using? Does the EA attached to a previous post really provide the same code only with no message - it just does the trade???

I had similar experience....I bought it also...Tx for SL / TP...I will try it...would be great to share results during the next week.... and to see how it runs and to compare...

dmpeddie

Will do.....

Will do.....

OK, Trixie will do. I cannot do it much during the day as I am a work - Just in evening or early mornings....Hope we can an EA version of this soon.

sliffy

it has trailed the trades on all pairs but eurusd
traling shouldn't depend on the choosen currency pair
first i thought that the magic numbers weren't different but they are ok
do you run the ea on more than one pair?

stovedude

Tah Stovedude,

See the lot multiplier in init() function is in the wrong place and not being used.. more poor coding.

Note the TimeFrames are locked to PERIOD_M5, PERIOD_M15 & PERIOD_M30. Yet the manual says you can use other time frames if you wish??? Unless they rewrite the EA then No other timeframes are possible with this EA. So I would not believe everything written in the manual.

It's clear that they did use an EA similar to this, but it had a reverse trade function in it. This can be seen from the close and reopen times. They are executed exactly on the same minute a trade was reopened in the opposite direction when an opposite signal arrived. This would also prevent a MC in the short term at least by going with any new trend signal instead of waiting to margin out in a wrong direction.

One can only speculate why they did not choose to sell the actual EA that won the competition. If it does make 121%-314% per month consistantly then that could be it.. or selling a substandard EA and passing it off as a winner while making many $'s from it.. talk about having your cake and eating it too! :0

I guess I left that part in the init() function, because it wasn't being used anyway. This thing needs some MM. It's obviously not the same EA used in the competition. Most of that stuff is a scam anyway. Have you ever seen the winning EA actually work after the competition is over? It's just like these household cleaners they advertise on TV. It will take the rust, lime, and scale off of everything in your house, but when you buy it and take it home, you find out that a wet washcloth does a better job. Same way with these different EA review websites. They receive the real EA (with the best settings) for testing, but us lowly customers get the garbage versions.

mopips

Reading over the rules in the PDF, it sounds like a decent system, however, the EA does not seem to follow the rules in the PDF. We might just have to start from scratch and create an EA per the rules. It's a pretty simple system, so should not take long to make EA.

sliffy

why do you think that the ea doesn't follow the rules?
i have found only the unreliable trailing stop function... the other features work fine

mopips

why do you think that the ea doesn't follow the rules?
i have found only the unreliable trailing stop function... the other features work fine
Rule 7 says to exit the trade when price closes above 144ema on 5m, 15m, or 30m, and yet if I run backtest for entire year of 2010 it takes one trade in Jan and doesn't close it until the end of 2010. So, doesn't look like it closes the trade by the rules. I'm also wondering if it's precisely following the other rules since StoveDude already said it's a badly coded EA. We could just fix rule number 7, but if it's badly coded, it might be easier to just remake the EA and make sure all the rules are followed instead of trying to patch up the current one. Just a thought...

maximo

Sliffy I only have EA running on EURUSD and no other trading going on in the demo Acc.

I had a look at the TrailStop() function and it does not check for Magic_Number or even the Symbol of the trades :eek:

After getting 1 loss after 5 wins it's barely making a few cents. Due mainly to it closing out trades early. It could be the lockpips function that is working and not the TrailStop function. Have to add a print statement to find out.

As it is this would have to get only 1 loss in 5 to be barely above breakeven on all its trades...

sliffy

mopips,
the original version can't be backtested... try the stovedude version with sl & tp

maximo,
it seems that trailing stop works only if not too much charts are open
how could they sold this system without checking the functionality... anyway what is magic number in the input parameters for?

there are 2 issues:
1. closing orders when the price closes above/below the 144 ema
2. fix magic numbers to the trades in order to manage them separate

stovedude

The trailstop function doesn't really need to check for the magic #, because it has already done that in the start() section, and will send the ticket number to the trailstop function for processing. Obviously, this EA didn't win any competitions, unless somebody got extremely lucky. It needs a major overhaul (essentially, scrapping everything and just plugging in the strategy into something else). Basically, it's just a MA cross indy with major impairments. In that regard, it should be doing the stop and reverse thing.

Aurix Exchange