(Share) Shuhan Hedge EA X-2 (Inspired by XMT)

heshuhan

Hi Alan,

Just like what is used in the demo, I also run this EA using John's set (attached in first post) at Tickmill on a smaller live account.

I run it on 3 pairs, so there's a lot of pending orders. EU,UJ and GU.

So far no complains from them and no disconnects.

Regards,
Mr. He

I've been asked by IC Markets to remove the EA from my live account due to hyper-actively sending too many orders in a day.

Question: Any brokers allow hyperactive EA?

Thanks.

alankw88

Hi Alan,

Just like what is used in the demo, I also run this EA using John's set (attached in first post) at Tickmill on a smaller live account.

I run it on 3 pairs, so there's a lot of pending orders. EU,UJ and GU.

So far no complains from them and no disconnects.

Regards,
Mr. He

Noted with thanks. How's the performance in Tickmill live account?
I heard that all scalping EA don't perform well in Tickmill live account..

Sentimental

No Sentimental,I still think that modifying will be better.Once the move comes,its very likely that price will head in the same direction,So, if the move comes after the order is cancelled but before the new order is placed,you are more likely to miss winning trades instead of losing ones.

Valid point. But is there such a significant difference in time between the two? Both get executed and finish surely within 1 second.

alonzo83

Hello you know if there's a good configuration for this expert advisor? And if it takes a vps or not? Thank you

john562

Valid point. But is there such a significant difference in time between the two? Both get executed and finish surely within 1 second.
Yes because during big moves,it is always safe if you have your orders on brokers side....there may be freezes and delays during high impact news and your 1 second is only valid during normal times when market is calm.

ankupis

I recommend for hyper-actively, to make news filter. Like 10 min. before and 5 min. after news will work this EA. Other time EA sleep. :)

heshuhan

Hi,

The thing is, we cannot exclude those unscheduled events and news (such as the recent GBP sharp drop) which gave those who ran X-2 that day a few hundred pips in total (in a few trades of 100 pip t/p).

Regards,
Mr. He

I recommend for hyper-actively, to make news filter. Like 10 min. before and 5 min. after news will work this EA. Other time EA sleep. :)

ankupis

Unscheduled news not many, like scheduled, better get work EA on any broker in LIVE account not only on DEMO. Moving up Volatility like indicator Synergy_Pro_Volatility, more indicator for EA make EA slower.

Brumby

Hi,

The thing is, we cannot exclude those unscheduled events and news (such as the recent GBP sharp drop) which gave those who ran X-2 that day a few hundred pips in total (in a few trades of 100 pip t/p).

Regards,
Mr. He
Is it a fact or is it speculation that the X-2 captured a few hundred pips from the recent GBP sharp drop? The sharp drop I believe was a result of a thin market and there was effectively no bids. It would suggest to me the spread during that 10 min sharp drop would be horrendous. You mentioned that you have a live Tickmill account running on the X-2. Can you please provide the details on how the X-2 performed in that instance. That drop was probably a one in a life time event and if it performed as designed then it is likely to perform under most typical volatile moves.

heshuhan

Hi Brumby,

Actually it did....as the move was almost 700 pips and the few t/p hits were 100 pips it actually got filled better than that as there were some bids that went surprisingly favourable to the short covering. It didn't really manage to capture the whole move though. not even half of it. The more consistent ones were the ones where it spiked back.

I'm quite happy actually with how it did in the live account. So far no complains. I'm actually investigating with Capella on a daily basis now on whether we should use order modifications instead of cancels. So far our initial conclusion is that if we use order modifications the broker will requote endlessly. So we might have to find a "middle-of-road" solution if indeed the order cancel is a big issue for most.

For me I have informed my account manager at tickmill specifically that I will be running this strategy, so I guess for some of you guys you might need to negotiate or inform your broker about it for it to work in the long run.

Regards,
Mr. He

Is it a fact or is it speculation that the X-2 captured a few hundred pips from the recent GBP sharp drop? The sharp drop I believe was a result of a thin market and there was effectively no bids. It would suggest to me the spread during that 10 min sharp drop would be horrendous. You mentioned that you have a live Tickmill account running on the X-2. Can you please provide the details on how the X-2 performed in that instance. That drop was probably a one in a life time event and if it performed as designed then it is likely to perform under most typical volatile moves.

Sentimental

Yes because during big moves,it is always safe if you have your orders on brokers side....there may be freezes and delays during high impact news and your 1 second is only valid during normal times when market is calm.

Generally speaking, I do agree with your logic, that it ought to be safer to have the order maintained on the broker's side at all times.

Without any empirical evidence of my own, I have heard though from knowledgeable traders that it's generally speaking better to cancel the order and open a new one.
The reason is because it usually goes through easier than modification of existing order, especially around high volatility.
During high volatility some brokers will just send requote prices instead of accepting the request for modification of SL/TP.

What is your take on this?

john562

Generally speaking, I do agree with your logic, that it ought to be safer to have the order maintained on the broker's side at all times.

Without any empirical evidence of my own, I have heard though from knowledgeable traders that it's generally speaking better to cancel the order and open a new one.
The reason is because it usually goes through easier than modification of existing order, especially around high volatility.
During high volatility some brokers will just send requote prices instead of accepting the request for modification of SL/TP.

What is your take on this?
Requotes frequently occur when you are trying close the order and not while modifying it.Mostly market maker brokers do this to protect themselves from losing money to the traders during high volatility.I have not seen true ECN brokers(atleast as they advertise) give requotes while modifying orders.

Also some brokers use FIFO rule while executing orders(through their LPs).If thousands of stop orders are placed at the same price,the order which is placed first is executed first...So you may experience serious slippage if your order is last in the queue.But this is not the case with all brokers.

Sentimental

Running this live on only USDJPY it today stopped putting on new orders from 21:00 sharp (broker time).

I got in touch with Pepperstone and presumed they might have stopped it and asked if I may run it. Pepperstone gave quick, excellent service as usual.

Answer like this:
"(07:27:30) Pepperstone Support Live: Did you get an email from our side saying something about the EA Erik?
(07:27:55) Erik: No
(07:29:02) Pepperstone Support Live: the only time we block the use of an EA is when it uses latency arbitrage or it send a big amount of data to the server which makes it slow, in which the support team will notify you, other than that you are free to use any EA"

Did the EA stop for anyone else?

I don't get very many trades at all with EURUSD and USDJPY but I have been trading it on GBPUSD with many trades I am a bit above my starting balance this week not to bad.

Guys, this has been running well. Check here:

This is with the Optimized Set 2-file. Also put maxtrades and tradesperbar to 2 instead of default 4, and risk to 2.
Opps I quoted the wrong person up above it was meant for Sentimental.....

Sentimental

Are you still using these settings or have you changed them?
Yes. You need to be patient. This EA is not for ADD kids. Start evaluating the live results with this after 1-2 months.

If it executes well live, it will be fantastic gains over time.

Also, I probably wouldn't recommend having it on EURUSD, volatility seems too low. When it reaches the 16 pips trigger there is not much steam left.
For GBPUSD the 2.5 pips spread might be too tight due to more volatility and more widening spread so you might want to optimize that setting.

xjacks

Thanks heshuhan for sharing this amazing EA.
I got a excellent backtest result in 99% tick data with actual spread, and I will try it in my live account next week.

BTW: Could you please try to do the backtest in JForex since tester of JForex can give a correct slippage and stoploss price(eg, you set the SL of a buy order as 1.10125 and the price changes from 1.10135 to 1.10102 suddenly, then MT4 will give the close price as 1.10125 which is incorrect and the JForex will give the close price as 1.10102). The result of it is more reliable than MT4.
Sorry for my poor English.