one to one coaching

smarttradefx

radicaltour

VIP Member
I just opened a live "standard" account with this broker.
Everything looks fine except for the fact that they add 1-2 pips to the spread for Commission.
But my question is, how are they doing this if they claim to be an STP that directs our trades to an ECN liquidity (with 17 banks/institutions)?

Anyone has feedback about this?
I would like to know if it's possible for a true STP broker to add additional pip to the spread....or would they need a dealing desk to do this?

thank you.

stovedude

Ethically, they should do one or the other (spread or commission), but not both. It seems inconceivable to charge commission on top of spread, when the spread is basically the commission. Granted, they must also pay a portion of the spread to the liquidity providers, but the spread should be all-inclusive.

radicaltour

VIP Member
i agree. Good thing they don't charge a commission on the side. So their spread has the built in commission and that's it.
But i just find it strange because they're the first STP broker to know that can add a pip to the RAW ECN feed.

stovedude

I would say it's another Obama stimulus tax deal, but these guys are in Canada. They have tax upon tax up there, a defunct medical health program that the US is trying to adopt. But to their credit, they do claim to have a healthier economy. I guess adding a pip or two does create a little stimulus in their pockets. I just hope they live up to their side of the bargain and add a little extra service.

StaticX

I have been tossing between FXPrimus and SmartTradeFX.

Both charge commision (which in my opinion is kind of a good thing, I prefer borkers that make their money from commision as opposed to spread.)
But I am also confused as to how they are able to insert a commision into the spread as well.... Guess I will call them.

I have been tossing between FXPrimus and SmartTradeFX.

Both charge commision (which in my opinion is kind of a good thing, I prefer borkers that make their money from commision as opposed to spread.)
But I am also confused as to how they are able to insert a commision into the spread as well.... Guess I will call them.
FX PRIMUS is a scamming broker, read the reviews on Forex Peace Army. Many customers have not received their withdraws.

SmartTradeFX does not charge a commission to accounts over $5000. this is the reason why you are getting charged a small commission.

The spreads are a little higher than Gomarkets EU is 1.5-2.1 all day long. GBPJPY is 3.2 and NZDCHF is 1.5 24/7. GOLD is 50 silver is 5 and DOW is 4 points.

I've made over 600 scalps in two months and I have never received a single requote, delay of execution or server problems. Which I did with GO.

I've tested several advertised ECN brokers after my gomarkets closed down operations for US clients and Smarttradefx was the only broker that I never had any issues with. I'm not an IB or their best friend. I'm a full time trader that was lucky enough to finally find an honest broker that is willing to execute my trades without intervention.

radicaltour

VIP Member
the past 3-4 months has been great with SmartTradeFX.
I believe they are an honest (small) group of guys.
One time their server went down but they assured me that's the "first" time ever. lol
My only other small complaint is that their spread widens quite a bit around the "dead" hour of rollover and weekend the hour leading to the weekend. But other than that their execution has been terrific.

cadolino

"honest" brocker

"honest" brocker

hi guys

i don't believe that there is even one honest brocker in the whole world...
i'm just "demoing" with the SmartTradeFX...the spreads and the swaps are very "interesting"...you can watch it with the DailyData indi from Mladen and compare with what you got charged...
every day , when London and NY are open ,the data speed to the MT4 goes up, so that the metatrader freezes...i didn't had such big problems with other brocker... what's your expirience with this?...

regards

Attachments

bonnie1234

hi guys

i don't believe that there is even one honest brocker in the whole world...
i'm just "demoing" with the SmartTradeFX...the spreads and the swaps are very "interesting"...you can watch it with the DailyData indi from Mladen and compare with what you got charged...
every day , when London and NY are open ,the data speed to the MT4 goes up, so that the metatrader freezes...i didn't had such big problems with other brocker... what's your expirience with this?...

regards
Try Alpari

With regards to not believing there is one honest broker...it all depends on what you are trying to do on their servers...act normal by manual trading and you will reap the rewards because there is no abuse of their systems...

Read their Terms and Conditions if you are wise ;)

one to one coaching