Some Simple Astro Forecasting Methods of HWSteele

Ok, so I went against my own post and decided to try the video thing. Its Saturday, crappy bowl games on and I'm bored so here you go. I used a free capture app called Jing and its limited to 5 minute videos so I had to split it into 4 parts. I apologize in advance if the quality stinks or if you hear me breathing too loud or my kids arguing in the background.
:cool:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I hope this is helpful for those interested in a simple market geometry technique.

BTW, I should have mentioned in the video but my MT timezone is US Eastern Time.

Ok, so I went against my own post and decided to try the video thing. Its Saturday, crappy bowl games on and I'm bored so here you go. I used a free capture app called Jing and its limited to 5 minute videos so I had to split it into 4 parts. I apologize in advance if the quality stinks or if you hear me breathing too loud or my kids arguing in the background.
:cool:

I hope this is helpful for those interested in a simple market geometry technique.

BTW, I should have mentioned in the video but my MT timezone is US Eastern Time.
WarEagle let me start by saying that I'm glad you decided to make videos! Nice job with them and I hope that you feel more comfortable making more in the future.

Great Job!

You really did a great job explaining the method you use.

Please don't feel like I'm stepping on your toes but I would like to point a couple more things out to every one...

Like Mr. Eagle says in his video please don't think this is the holy Grail or base your trading off of this only.

I would also like to point out that this method is called squaring the range. I bet you can figure out why after Mr. Eagles videos.
When the charts are scaled so that each unit of time equals a unit of price, a range (called swings for the most part now-a-days) that has a square drawn to match the price difference of the swing will point to a future time. Like Gann says, when price and time are squared or equally proportioned you can expect a change in trend.

Also keep in mind that the market can trend in three directions...
Up, Down and Sideways.

Lastly I will say that you don't have to draw a square if you don't want to. Simply look for the difference of the high and low of a swing and count that many units of time into the future. It does the same thing and you don't have to have your chart scaled in any special way.

But lets be honest, that might not be quite as much fun or visually descriptive. Just depends on the person. :)

Hi Guys. Happy holidays to all.

Somewhere I made some forecasts on this forum and I would like to follow up.

I said that Dow could reach 16500 very rapidly. The dow will continue to climb for another 6-8 weeks before a correction It will not reach 17100. I expect 2014 to be a tough year for the markets and it may move sideways after the top and drop 20-30% before the end of the year.

The peak of the last couple of days on eurusd and gbpusd will hold for a few months.

The decline on silver has stopped and a bottom should be in for a while.

Wheat will continue its decline, it will set some higher lows but the trend will continue at least till mid march.

Of course all of this is not trading advice. Trade at your own risk etc. etc. These forecasts are only valid until the current highs/lows are taken out.
GL

I do believe it's time for the EUR-USD to move down for a while.
My wave count on the four hour chart indicates that we may get at least one more push to the downside, maybe a few more.

The daily chart wave count indicates we may get one more final higher top before a move down of a larger nature.

I'm sorry that time has gotten away from me an d I was not able to post the shapes tonight.
It will have to be tomorrow. (Monday).

I will post some about the shapes and then answer your questions about scaling if you will ask them.

If you have not watched this video yet then do so as it may answer your question on how to scale the 4 hour chart to 1X1. (1 hour = 1 pip)
Well it is only two weeks late but I am starting to work on the 'shapes' video today.
If all goes well I will have it done today.

While I was getting things ready for the video I was going to do on shapes it dawned on me that Michael Jenkins has already covered the exact stuff I was going to about shapes.
If you got a copy of his book to read about the Square of Nine then simply read the chapter on Squares and Circles.
I believe that they are chapter 5 and 6.
No need to recover that information simply read his book. It is in more detail than I would have made in the video anyway.

I have a little something else up my sleeve right now.
Do you remember this video?

hello again mr. HWSteele
we were discussing my easy way to scale mt4 charts by drawing 45` angle trend line & a gann line scale 100 from the same starting point & adjusting the scale manualy to make both lines get aligned together.
after trying & examining this method i concluded that it is working so well.
but important thing here is that there are different scale ratios that can fit with the currency vibration.
each scale ratio is derived by a different method & that makes things get more complex !
& the more important things that when trying to estimate the scale ratio that can fit well to turn planetary positions & movements to prices for each currency/commodity, i get to different scales & all are different from the best vibration scale derived from the chart.
however mr.Gann himself went over this by using scale of 1*1 & direct converting longitudes to prices in his famous 49 soy chart although he showed different vague scales in his coffee santos letter.
in short, what fits the geometry of the chart doesnt fit the geometry of the sky !
i would be so thankful if i hear enlightening feed back from you.
regards.

Great Job!

Lastly I will say that you don't have to draw a square if you don't want to. Simply look for the difference of the high and low of a swing and count that many units of time into the future. It does the same thing and you don't have to have your chart scaled in any special way.

But lets be honest, that might not be quite as much fun or visually descriptive. Just depends on the person. :)
Hi Henry
I want to just make sure I understand the above
Please see the attached GOLd chart
The price went up about $4 . Count 4 days to see the end of the move
regards
bobc

Great Job!

Hi Henry
I want to just make sure I understand the above
Please see the attached GOLd chart
The price went up about $4 . Count 4 days to see the end of the move
regards
bobc

Oh boy!!!. No attachment
BBC......... born before computers.
How do I add a chart?
Help
bobc
You very well may have done it correctly but the forum software was glitching again.
But the basic answer to your question is yes.
$4.00 can be four day, weeks, months, and so on.
It could also be hours or minutes depending on what you are trading and the timeframe being used.
Believe it or not you can also float the decimal point to create other numbers like 40 or 400.
Try four hundred minutes or hours. Or forty days could also be looked at.
Which ever market you are using test to see what works best in the past and you may be able to keep using those conversions in the future.

Once you find what works best it will most likely keep working in the future.
Interestingly enough, there is a chapter about this in Jenkins Secret Science book that I have been deflecting to.
Michael Jenkins Wrote his book in 2004 and I ordered my copy in February, 2006. I received it on 2-25-06. After reading through the book a couple of times and testing I made notes in my book. Here is a scan of the table of contents. This is what I had to 'say' about the book in 2006...

You very well may have done it correctly but the forum software was glitching again.
But the basic answer to your question is yes.
$4.00 can be four day, weeks, months, and so on.
It could also be hours or minutes depending on what you are trading and the timeframe being used.
Believe it or not you can also float the decimal point to create other numbers like 40 or 400.
Try four hundred minutes or hours. Or forty days could also be looked at.
Which ever market you are using test to see what works best in the past and you may be able to keep using those conversions in the future.

Once you find what works best it will most likely keep working in the future.
Interestingly enough, there is a chapter about this in Jenkins Secret Science book that I have been deflecting to.
Michael Jenkins Wrote his book in 2004 and I ordered my copy in February, 2006. I received it on 2-25-06. After reading through the book a couple of times and testing I made notes in my book. Here is a scan of the table of contents. This is what I had to 'say' about the book in 2006...
C'mon Miss Moderator
I am keen to see what Henry has to say about Jenkins book, and the system is faulty
kind regards
bobc

Hi Henry
This scaling is very important for me and my platform does not scale.
I found a very interesting thread on another forum by a HWSteel .called "Secret" But he was posing with a very pretty girl and looks a bit to young to be you.
I read a comment elsewhere that the Gunner 24 overlay will scale your chart correctly. any comment
kind regards
bobc

Hi Henry
This scaling is very important for me and my platform does not scale.
I found a very interesting thread on another forum by a HWSteel .called "Secret" But he was posing with a very pretty girl and looks a bit to young to be you.
I read a comment elsewhere that the Gunner 24 overlay will scale your chart correctly. any comment
kind regards
bobc
Ah, yes. I know which forum you are speaking of. That is indeed a picture of me and my sweetie.
To be honest the thing I liked best about that forum was the smilies. I have never found any that I liked as much as the ones they have! lol
I had to stop posting at that forum because it is sooooo very negative it would put me in a bad mood.
The very same girlfriend in the picture was very happy when I stopped posting there. My general mood was much better after :)

And now that I have been here for some time I am having issues with the forum tech! You know the drill...
No Edit button
No post deleting
Pictures are a crap shoot
the forum has been down three times in the last month. Granted only for a short while, minutes most likely, but still.

I am about ready to hang up my hat here and take the last step in my forum journey.

I have never used the Gunner 24 overlay so I can't speak to what it does. I would be lying if I tried to explain it. sorry.
If you don't mind my asking which platform do you use?

Just want to let every one know I will be moving to another online home.
WWI has been a great place to hang my hat, so to speak, but with the ongoing tech issues I just decided to go elsewhere.

I will not publicly say where as I don't want to ruffle any feathers so if you would like to know send me a PM.
I will leave these threads here and continue on at my new home.

I hope the content here at WWI will continue to grow and they work out their issues quickly.

Warmest regards,

Henry

Well Henry
I am amazed that the administrators can't resolve your issues.

You have contributed over 500 posts in 16 months which is an asset to the forumhttp://worldwide-invest.org/images/smilies/smile.png
And your posts are of value.
And reading your replies to the ignorant, you have lots of patience.

And I still have a lot of questions.......

Good luck
bobc

Hi Henry,
Before you disappear....
My broker is IG Markets South Africa and the platform they offer for free is a sophisticated tick chart.
They do have a platform with bells and whistles, but it costs R300 a month, and as I dont use indicators,I turned it off years ago.Maybe it does offer scaling, and I will have to pay R300 for a quick look .
regards
bobc
PS. Regarding that little video you did for me.....I wonder why 12 is the magic number. Its not a fib.no.