Aurix Exchange

Sovetnik-bfx ea

CocoaRush

This is another CableRun type of ea. It is a grid/martingale type for those who like them. The difference is an exponential grid for the limit order placement.

EU and GU 15M - The parameters are set for a 5 digit broker.
Also, if you are new to this type of EA, remember that long trends are not your friend with these EA's...

Attachments

• Sovetnik-bfx-0.01.mq4
    15.9 KB · Views: 5

zzzwind

can anyone share this ea Sovetnik-bfx-0.01.mq4 coz CocoaRush share ea doesnt work and cant attach to graph

fxwealth

Hi, Can someone please add a comment to the EA so when it places trades it says "Sovetnik" in the comment filed when looking at trades in account history. That way I can know which ea opened trades. Thank you and Best rgds.Please add to the martin one

Capella

VIP Member
Hi, Can someone please add a comment to the EA so when it places trades it says "Sovetnik" in the comment filed when looking at trades in account history. That way I can know which ea opened trades. Thank you and Best rgds.Please add to the martin one

Ok, here it is...

// - Translated some remaining Russian text to English
// - Added "Order Comment"
// - Overruled demo-restrictions
// - Deleted unused variables and commented out unused function

Enjoy :)

Attachments

• Sovetnik_2012-EDU.mq4
    17.6 KB · Views: 2

chuskas

Ok, here it is...

// - Translated some remaining Russian text to English
// - Added "Order Comment"
// - Overruled demo-restrictions
// - Deleted unused variables and commented out unused function

Enjoy :)
Dear Capella,
In some of my BT´s this EA looks to work very well; I respect a lot your opinion so, what do you think about this Sovetnik?.
Thanks.

ruloma

You can not evaluate and compare tests with this type of robot.
To compare the risk you should put a fixed lot (martin bad)
To compare the orders you should throw at the same time, and each test provides different orders openings. You can not compare risks and test.

Capella

VIP Member
Dear Capella,
In some of my BT´s this EA looks to work very well; I respect a lot your opinion so, what do you think about this Sovetnik?.
Thanks.

The strategy is very simple - only use different MACD's with the settings fast_ema_period = 17, slow_ema_period = 26, signal_period = 9 and use both Open Price and Close price, and look back up to 2 bars. MACD is probably thje most commonly used indicator, and is regarded as an easy to use trend indicator. The EA seem to use a combined grid and basket trading and opens multiple of orders with the trend, and close them once the basket has reached a profit. There's no hard SL and TP sent with the orders (= higher risk), orders are not modified / trailed and there's no money management, as all orders are sent with the same lot size. It's nothing that I will use, but it's interesting and can for sure be improved.

I will make some minor improvements and post it here soon. Stay tuned!

meled

The strategy is very simple - only use different MACD's with the settings fast_ema_period = 17, slow_ema_period = 26, signal_period = 9 and use both Open Price and Close price, and look back up to 2 bars. MACD is probably thje most commonly used indicator, and is regarded as an easy to use trend indicator. The EA seem to use a combined grid and basket trading and opens multiple of orders with the trend, and close them once the basket has reached a profit. There's no hard SL and TP sent with the orders (= higher risk), orders are not modified / trailed and there's no money management, as all orders are sent with the same lot size. It's nothing that I will use, but it's interesting and can for sure be improved.

I believe that replacing the MACD with No Repainting Supertrend (or similar) may be much better indicator the EA

chuskas

Dear Capella, I know that it is too early to ask for your improvements, but I am kind of impatient because it is working very well in my FT.
From August 20th, 30 trades with a most encouraging result.
Awaiting your news.

chuskas

Dear Capella, I know that it is too early to ask for your improvements, but I am kind of impatient because it is working very well in my FT.
From August 20th, 30 trades with a most encouraging result.
Awaiting your news.

Capella, no news good news?????

Capella

VIP Member
Capella, no news good news?????

Ok, sorry. I did the following last week...

// 2013-08-27 by Capella at
// - Cleaned program code including renaming functions and variables
// - Moved some globals to externals as "Additional Settings"
// - Added TradeComment to missing OrderSend commands

I have not had time to test it further though.

Capella

VIP Member
In the BT , i got this error "Order close error 4108"

Sorry for that. Please download from my post #22 again, as I've re-uploaded both the ex4 and mq4 files. I'm running too many MT4 instances on too many servers at the same time, so I don't always keep track on all files that I test and edit (often making minor changes, compiling and testing).

Aurix Exchange