Aurix Exchange

SuperNova V6

Squall

supernova-v6 EURUSD,M5: OrderSend error 130

That's all I see in backtest. Played with settings a little but no luck.

kookoo23

supernova-v6 EURUSD,M5: OrderSend error 130

That's all I see in backtest. Played with settings a little but no luck.

This is a broker problem - some don't allow the sl and tp levels too close to the price, or the lot size i.e. 0.1 lot instead of 0.01 On my fx4u demo works fine, you could try a different demo account. Also try and change the 'account is normal' setting myabe different for micro, mini and normal acc?

This looks like a martingale strategy - I am running a backtest now - but I never seem to get any good modeling quality - anyway its just to get a rough idea before forward test on demo. Looks profitable with high drawdown and some big losses - good risk settings for martingale with max lots, sl and loss percent to prevent total account loss :)

kookoo23

Hi KooKoo.

I see a comment in Ea inputs saying usdjpy 12.7 pips. So is this EA meant for Eur usd at all?

Maybe it is only for usdjpy I dont know anything! It looked very dangerous on my backtest - drawdown near 100% - not sure if it is even worth trying on demo...

Squall

I don't know any broker that lets you set a take profit of 1.1 pips. Unless these settings are designed for 4 digit broker which would make it 11 pips....

It doesn't look very promising...my way of testing any martingale grid system is to run it from august-october 2008. EURUSD and GBPUSD have a very strong downtrend at those times. If it is dumb enough to try to buy its way out of a trend that strong then it is not for me...

kookoo23

I don't know any broker that lets you set a take profit of 1.1 pips. Unless these settings are designed for 4 digit broker which would make it 11 pips....

It doesn't look very promising...my way of testing any martingale grid system is to run it from august-october 2008. EURUSD and GBPUSD have a very strong downtrend at those times. If it is dumb enough to try to buy its way out of a trend that strong then it is not for me...

Yes my broker is 4 digit. And have to agree that this looks very useless :eek:
thanks for the backtesting tip too.

Aurix Exchange