Aurix Exchange

Trading HG Breakouts

H

hermes

Almost FX Holy Grail? Possible. I got it from friend and I am very pleased with the accuracy of the system.
Enjoy Hermes

H

hermes

I forget to attach the picture in first post. Watch the beauty. Last signal was SELL, exact like Swiss watch!
There is a new indicator on FX market Gunn_mod_eng.mq4 (Goiler II.) for all pairs.
Hermes

Attachments

• trading breakouts 2.jpg
    trading breakouts 2.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 7
H

hermes

No, that confused me also! In manual are arrows and on chart fractals (arrows). Keep the selling fractal arrows red and the buying fractal arrows blue because I think that the indicator has it wrong?
I didn't have time to test it but just by observing the chart and the fractal arrows you can see the accuracy of the signals. I am confident to trade it live on micro account. That's the right way to test systems and EAs, not back testings!
Hermes

H

hermes

I know I test it and cannot catch a breath! If you obey the rules and don't jump in trade for the greedy reason it gives stable signals. Very clean and easy system.
Hermes

H

hermes

I changed it in settings because it is illogical. Blue is always for buy and red is always for sell. Downtrend sell, uptrend buy. You don't need Goiler to determine trend direction this is better than Goiler in determining direction. I would say use it as help to determine Goiler direction.
Hermes

Pointers

Pointers

:D
I forget to attach the picture in first post. Watch the beauty. Last signal was SELL, exact like Swiss watch!
There is a new indicator on FX market Gunn_mod_eng.mq4 (Goiler II.) for all pairs.
Hermes

Hi Hermes,

Just woundered where you saw the Gunn_mod_eng indi as you mentioned above. It is noy on google though.

Any pointers please?? site?

Thanks

Sharemaster2

StaticX

Thank you Hermes.

It looks very interresting. I gave it a "spin" today and you are quite right with it's accuracy. I used it on the 4H timeframe. (with confirmation from the Daily).

ps: Little side distraction:
Did any of you see that guys post in the EURUSD thread over at Forex Factory today... He posted his trades for the last 5 days... $54 000 in one day... he went in with a trade size of 75 lots .... and it was a real money account. (It made me sick to my stomach)

Cheers
StaticX

I didn?t see the thread on FF, but I am 100% sure the guy wouldn?t have posted if he would have lost 54k trading 75 lots.
Because everybody would have called him an insane fool.

BTW , there is a discussion about goiler on forexisbiz.
Looks not good because in Backtests it has bad performance.
Too many times SL is hit, but of course that won?t happen this year, right ?

hermes,
I took a short on EU today indicated on H1 from the TomDemark indicator (called "Trends") and now I am 72 Pips in Drawdown.
The signals are not as good as one would wish they were.
(Last Arrow was a fractal high according to entry rules and big trend is down on EU )

The indicator just repaints all the time, it cannot do better because it is connecting lows and highs according to TomDemark rules
and the market knows nothing about these rules.
Sometimes profit is made , sometimes not.

Would be interesting to follow all signals and then see the statistics, then we would know if the thing is truly profitable or not.

Oh yes, I know, we need about 6 to 9 other indicators to filter bad signals. How could I forget that ?

H

hermes

Forget the blue and red lines! Just look the arrows! From 12 arrows I would have 2 false signals, everything else went exactly that way it should. If you put tight SL the losses on those 2 will be trivial compare to what would you make on the winners!
I start to trade the "short cut" tomorrow on demo.
StaticX I probably know what the guy is doing. He does only BUYS no SELLS according to some fractal indicator?
Hermes

lerxst

@hermes,

Aren't the arrows based on fractals? So that when they do show up it's at least 2 bars behind current price.

Looking back at the past few hours on a 1 HR chart, the blue and red arrows look DEAD-ON! But they repaint the past beautifully. I was watching the USD/JPY chart tonight and it had a Buy arrow as the previous signal. Then an immediate downtrend started, but no red arrow to be found...3 Red candles already 40 pips in the sell direction, and no red arrow...But 2 hours later, sure enough, a red arrow magically appeared where it should have been 5 hours ago.

So be careful if you plan to only use the arrows and not the original breakout formula for these indicators.

Infomattik,
yes, I saw it in visual strategy tester.
The arrows often appear 5 or 6 bars back.
They weren?t there but on the open of the actual bar suddenly
they are painted 5 or 6 bars back.

No way to trade live with them because many times the move
is over and the next bar suddenly the opposite arrow is drawn.

On other occasions the arrow appears right on and can be traded.
I am sure that is what hermes was referring to.
And those signals were profitable.

It takes a long long time to forward test the arrow signals but if they continue to be profitable, it is worth it.

BestFx-Trader, thanks for pointing that out...And trust me I wasn't knocking Hermes at all, he is the MAN!! Just a tip for any newbies that might try to jump in live with the fractals alone. :)

On another note, I'm trying the actual system as it was intended (but reversing the colors of the Fractal arrows as Hermes pointed out), and I'm liking what I see! Thanks for sharing this!

vit007

I wonder how often it takes for lines to change on H1.
I also use program Magic Stick and you can draw same lines which become yours buy, sell,tp orders..
You can find this one here on this website .
for trailing one can use program below .So all together we have compete EA.
If you have better trailing ea please post here.
Vit

Attachments

• Compuforex_Trail_Multi.mq4
    16.9 KB · Views: 5

pips guru

Infomattik,
yes, I saw it in visual strategy tester.
The arrows often appear 5 or 6 bars back.
They weren?t there but on the open of the actual bar suddenly
they are painted 5 or 6 bars back.

No way to trade live with them because many times the move
is over and the next bar suddenly the opposite arrow is drawn.

On other occasions the arrow appears right on and can be traded.
I am sure that is what hermes was referring to.
And those signals were profitable.

It takes a long long time to forward test the arrow signals but if they continue to be profitable, it is worth it.

i didnt see any arrows repaint or missing if u look 1h and 4h chart
if u show some chart bcoz i am totally confuse what i doing wrong
and thanks hermes for wonderfull system

Hey Vit, thx for posting your trade manager...I use Multi-Purpose TM but before I try yours, does it have Jumping Stops also? And does it have the ability to have a separate alert sound for SL movement? I hate having the same alert trigger from my Trade Manager and chart buy/sell signals. Thanks!

i didnt see any arrows repaint or missing if u look 1h and 4h chart
if u show some chart bcoz i am totally confuse what i doing wrong
and thanks hermes for wonderfull system

On a chart it looks 100% perfect, but do you know how to backtest an indicator in strategy tester ?
There you can see that suddenly at the open of a new candle
an arrow appears 5 or 6 candles back.
All the time there was no arrow there.

If you trade this indicator live and you wait for an arrow and it suddenly appears, but 5 bars back = 5 hours back in time,
do you think this is a good indicator ?

Oh yes, if you later analyze the chart , all arrows sit at perfect places, but that is illusion and misleading and does not help you trading with the indicator right now.

There is a thread in ForexFactory about trading with Demark indicator(s).
There you can find more (and better) TD-indicators and experienced traders discuss how to trade with them.
The title of the thread is "Tom demark Trendlines".

Aurix Exchange