Aurix Exchange

Trend Magic - AWESOME Indi -- JUST GOT BETTER !!!

StaticX

Hi Guys,

So MLaden over at Forex-TSD managed to have a look at the orignal code of Trend Magic.

"As of TrendMagic : it is a renamed SuperTrend originally made by Jason Robinson and it inherited the best known part of it (the repainting) too, even though the logic of it is a sound logic and just to the unfortunate color repainting problem it became infamous

Attaching a version that does not repaint. One parameter needs an explanation : OldCalculation. There are some versions of super trend that were using a fixed difference for calculating when the trend changes direction or "steps" in the same direction. If you set the OldCalculation to true, it will calculate like those earliest versions, otherwise it will use a normal average true range for that task (the default)"

-StaticX

Attachments

• SuperTrend nrp.mq4
    8.2 KB · Views: 18

Knez

Hi Guys,

So MLaden over at Forex-TSD managed to have a look at the orignal code of Trend Magic.

"As of TrendMagic : it is a renamed SuperTrend originally made by Jason Robinson and it inherited the best known part of it (the repainting) too, even though the logic of it is a sound logic and just to the unfortunate color repainting problem it became infamous

Attaching a version that does not repaint. One parameter needs an explanation : OldCalculation. There are some versions of super trend that were using a fixed difference for calculating when the trend changes direction or "steps" in the same direction. If you set the OldCalculation to true, it will calculate like those earliest versions, otherwise it will use a normal average true range for that task (the default)"

-StaticX

What is the difference between "Super Trend nrp", and "Trend Magic"?

I don't see any.

It is absolutely the same one.

Knez.

H

hermes

The original Trend Magic is actually not a bad indicator. I used it at beginning of my FX journey.
Hermes

Aurix Exchange