Aurix Exchange

TrendMaster

DimOnIs

TrendMaster 2500$ :eek:
_http://www.thetradexperts.com/
+ =============================== +
T.R.E.N.D.M.A.S.T.E.R. U.S.E.R. G.U.I.D.E.
+ =============================== +

1. Put TrendMaster EA in the 'experts' folder of each MT4 platform installed on your PC.

2. Check to ensure that the 'microlots' setting is set to either 'true' of 'false' based on the broker's minimum lotsize.

2. Open the platform and load the EA on 5M charts for each pair. Simultaneaously traded pairs must not be more than 5 at all times.

3. Assign the following pip intervals for the PipInterval setting of TrendMaster:

+ EURUSD - 45
+ USDCHF - 45
+ AUDUSD - 45
+ USDJPY - 40
+ NZDUSD - 40
+ USDCAD - 45
+ GBPUSD - 50
+ EURJPY - 50

Running each pair with a fixed pip interval will not cause any form of trading irregularities.
However, a more balanced trading pattern is required for all the pairs because of their individual characteristics e.g. average daily pip movement which varies from one pair to another.

4. The default risk setting of 0.1% (or 0.2% maximum) will yield at least 10% monthly when traded on 5 pairs simultaneously.
For higher monthly returns, increasing the risk percentage should be done with extreme caution especially if the number of pairs are not reduced.

+ =================== +
H.A.P.P.Y. T.R.A.D.I.N.G. Free!
+ =================== +

radicaltour

VIP Member
i did some quick backtests and I don't think this EA is very smart.
It keeps buying/selling in one direction and will hold until it gets just a few pips of profit.
The strategy may work overall, but I'm not sure if i like the major drawdowns with 5 pairs running simultaneously.

Does anyone have other feedbacks?

aicohn

different opinion

different opinion

I haven't done backtests, I must admit because I don't believe in them. I think they show you very little. I just followed the directions, plunked it on 5 charts in demo & am running it. I'm going a bit aggressive using 0.2% with a $60K balance.

I think one reason this approach just might be ok is potential diversification from the different pairs. Consequently, I think the pairs you choose may be very important to your results. I'm running on: GBPUSD,EURUSD,AUDUSD,USDCHF,USDJPY. With the right choice of pairs, the risk may not be additive from the 5 pairs, but it may even smooth out the draw down some. That's my hypothesis anyway. And I don't think there's any way to test it with a backtest.

I think this choice may be beneficial since it's balanced between USD as base & non-base currency, and there's significant non-correlation in the other currencies. (CHF vs JPY, AUD vs EUR & GBP). This isn't perfect because GBP and EUR will be correlated, but I think with 5 pairs, it's about as good as you can do from this perspective.

I do plan to watch this on demo for a very, very long time before throwing it on a live account. I wish there were some longitudinal forward tests showing at least 6 months & that's the minimum I would accept before throwing this on a live account. If it hasn't blown up by then, I think I might risk it. But I sure wouldn't do that on the basis of demo whether good, bad, or indifferent, or the 1 month sorts of forward tests we've seen. At this point, I have 10 winners with a closed gain of about $280 and 5 open positions for a combined open draw down of roughly $5. I realize this is virtually meaningless at this point & all I've done is speculate here. But a backtest on a pair or a number of pairs also neither proves nor disproves my point.

All JMHO.

aicohn

Update - Forward Test Day #2

Update - Forward Test Day #2

Closed gain: $637.54
Open draw down: $957.09

Some buffering of results by multi-currency evident. Current margin level: 4483.39% (200:1 leverage).

Test continues.

aicohn

I don't use those. I don't trust anything with access to my metatrader or my VPS and I never will. Sorry. Not about to change that for purposes of this ea. My evaluation is largely for my own purposes. If you want to use them fine. Otherwise do your own testing.

aicohn

Day #3 Results - Bug or a feature?

Day #3 Results - Bug or a feature?

Closed Profit: $967.01
Open Loss: $ $37.60
Margin Level: 17236.73 % (200:1)
Free Margin: $60574.29 (200:1)

Always good to get to the point where free margin is above your starting balance. This happened after 2 days.

:)

I did notice what appears to be a bug. Sometimes, but not always, after a run where it had to place additional orders (0.12, 0.24, 0.36,...) it reached profit levels & closed out the open orders (fine). But it also left pending limit orders behind & didn't open any new positions. At first, I thought this was a "feature", since you won't always find a trend. Maybe it was just waiting for a clear one to emerge. So I just let it go. But then one of those hanging pending orders executed & then closed profitably. It still didn't open new ones. A day or two went by & just eyeballing the chart, there was a very clear trend for GBPUSD, but the thing just was dead. I had 3 of the 5 currency pairs "drop out" into this mode. Finally, I just clicked on the properties, reinitialized the ea on each of the dead pairs charts & in each case, it immediately opened a new position & deleted the pending hanging orders. Results from past couple days may have been reduced by drop-out of these pairs. I think this may be a bug rather than a feature.

So far, draw-down has been remarkably light. Far from being risky with all these pairs, i'd say the "ulcer factor" seems less than for other equally profitable eas. But it's unwise to infer much from a couple days in forward test. Testing continues.

JMHO.

ho3ain190

Closed Profit: $967.01
Open Loss: $ $37.60
Margin Level: 17236.73 % (200:1)
Free Margin: $60574.29 (200:1)

Always good to get to the point where free margin is above your starting balance. This happened after 2 days.

:)

I did notice what appears to be a bug. Sometimes, but not always, after a run where it had to place additional orders (0.12, 0.24, 0.36,...) it reached profit levels & closed out the open orders (fine). But it also left pending limit orders behind & didn't open any new positions. At first, I thought this was a "feature", since you won't always find a trend. Maybe it was just waiting for a clear one to emerge. So I just let it go. But then one of those hanging pending orders executed & then closed profitably. It still didn't open new ones. A day or two went by & just eyeballing the chart, there was a very clear trend for GBPUSD, but the thing just was dead. I had 3 of the 5 currency pairs "drop out" into this mode. Finally, I just clicked on the properties, reinitialized the ea on each of the dead pairs charts & in each case, it immediately opened a new position & deleted the pending hanging orders. Results from past couple days may have been reduced by drop-out of these pairs. I think this may be a bug rather than a feature.

So far, draw-down has been remarkably light. Far from being risky with all these pairs, i'd say the "ulcer factor" seems less than for other equally profitable eas. But it's unwise to infer much from a couple days in forward test. Testing continues.

JMHO.
please share statement ! and tell me which broker you choose and deposit and other option

aicohn

Update - Forward Test Day #3

Update - Forward Test Day #3

Closed Gain: $1355.20
Open Loss: $96.46
Margin %: 12898.83%
Free Margin: $60776.47

Testing Continues.

aicohn

If I have 6 charts running simultaneously should I change magik number???
thanks
Vit

Not necessary since we're talking about a single ea working on a different currency pair in each chart.

Magic number is useful when different eas are working on the same currency pair in the same account.

Can also be useful when multiple algorithms within a single ea are working on a single currency pair (so each trade is made unique).

Wouldn't add anything here to change magic number.

A.

aicohn

Update - Forward Test Day #4

Update - Forward Test Day #4

Took on a big floating drawdown eating up most of the gains from the week. And it will likely be carrying some big positions over the holiday weekend. So much for this thing having a lower "ulcer factor". Thing to watch for is making sure this floating draw down doesn't keep growing. Also, that bug I found was concerning... not for its own sake, but because when you see one cockroach there are usually more. Will keep on the forward demo test, but will only report results weekly from here on out. Happy New Year!

ho3ain190

thanks a lot
What is your opinion about the experts !?

also I now test it in My fxbook :
please see :

but have more open price .... !

aicohn

thanks a lot
What is your opinion about the experts !?

also I now test it in My fxbook :
please see :

but have more open price .... !

Only time will tell. In my demo account, the balance is growing as it should. But the open draw down is increasing as well. I'd say that's key. If it keeps growing and swallowing the closed gain, the thing is a dud & I'll never go live with it. If the open draw down fluctuates up & down with the balance growing, the thing is a keeper. Backtest won't give you any idea on the matter. Forward test actually should be ok even in demo since the lot sizes on each trade are small enough slippage shouldn't become an issue.

JMHO.

ivoes

Trend Master made 100$ in 4 days, but when I backtest it for one year, there is a huge drawdown on every pair. Maybe it should be used like this - we withdraw money on every 100$ it makes.

aicohn

Really like this one

Really like this one

That big open draw down from Friday is virtually gone & stands around $200-$300. Because the position sizes are so small, this thing must do what it does by throwing off a huge number of pips (800-1000 pips/wk), though I've not actually measured that. This means it *SHOULD* be relatively safe. Still, this bears more watching just to make sure there isn't an exploding open draw down. I actually like the way it locks in small profits when a position concludes. It refuses to let a gain turn into a loss, which is smart.

Those who found large draw downs in backtesting, how big were your positions? I'm getting starting positions of 0.12 lots on a $60K account. This would mean it's starting off without leverage (1:1) with the positions diversified across 5 pairs. Any leverage is used to rescue position(s) in draw down. I don't doubt you could blow an account with this thing easily by picking too large a position size, but would it happen with the rather conservative positions it's taking with the default, or even twice that (0.2%)?

A.

ho3ain190

I tested in 4days master Ea , 400$ profit and about ~ -70$ open position !
My target = 2000$ in one months and 200$ open position plz see my forward test :

Aurix Exchange