Aurix Exchange

Viper Grid Test Results

kookoo23

Viper grid EA, started with 10,000USD demo acc.

You must be registered for see images

Its showing pretty safe growth with very little drawdown - the problem with the system is that in sideways/ranging markets can eat a lot of margin as more orders are placed. Eventually with a larger movement profit does allways come.

sreesimha

Hi guys ,

I got this from some other forum .Not sure if it is the same you have mentioned here though.

order reliable to go into the include file folder under experts.I am unable to upload this file says invalid for some reason. Please google OrderReliable_v0_2_5.mqh to get it.

Would be glad to have some feedback .

cheers,
Sree.

Attachments

• ViperGridEA_Version2.6.ex4
    64.1 KB · Views: 4

kookoo23

Hi - Here are all the files needed and the settings EA on M1 EUR/USD

levels 3
increment 0
inc. adj stpsl 0
inc adjs first level 0
auto atr 50

profit factor 2
percent to risk 0 (mm off)
min lot size 0.1
entire set Take profit 20

rest default

I think this would work with any trending, highly volatile pair. Keep this risk very low - in order to win at profit the EA will keep making trades. Use high margin 500 is best.

sreesimha

Hi KooKoo,

I put in the set file you have mentioned but I observe that the lot size is 0.3 instead of a fixed 0.1 as set. Any idea how to set this right please? Thanks,

Sree.

kookoo23

Hi KooKoo,

I put in the set file you have mentioned but I observe that the lot size is 0.3 instead of a fixed 0.1 as set. Any idea how to set this right please? Thanks,

Sree.

Make sure percent to risk is 0.0 and min lot size is 0.1 - when percent to risk is 0.0 mm is off. I can only think that mm must be true to have a lot size greater than 0.1.

To avoid confusion I have uploaded the .set file I am using. Please rename the .txt extension to .set on the file:) for it to work.

Also note that today the drawdown was quite large before recovery and that this EA can cause a margin call if the price does not break out of the daily range for a number of days.

Attachments

• myviperset.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 0

maximo

Hi kookoo23,

I see that 7% drawdown was caused by just 1 set of trades closing out for loss. Did you close these manual or did the EA handle them?

Nice strategy!

kookoo23

Hi kookoo23,

I see that 7% drawdown was caused by just 1 set of trades closing out for loss. Did you close these manual or did the EA handle them?

Nice strategy!

I didn't close anything manually, I will have a look and see what happened - what date did you see a loosing set and at what time was the set closed.

saambasp

also on mt4i here:

hi,
as per my fxbook,
you are using 0.10 for 10000usd is very dangerous.thats why your drawdown is 16% for 20% monthly return

that is 1:1 risk reward .you are always at the edge og margin call more over with extra 2 steps ,it would be more chance to kiss margin call

maximo

These 7 consecutive trades trades on page 5, or could be page 6 or 7 now.

close date
03.09.11 12:46 EURUSD Sell 0.20 -74 pips
03.09.11 12:46 EURUSD Sell 0.10 -62 pips

If not for these, the drawdown would have been very low indeed.

Interesting that Fx book equity curve does not show any DD period, though the -7% is noted in stats.

kookoo23

Hi kookoo23,

Nice strategy!

Hi Maximo - the set did not close out for a loss. What happens with the EA is that trades are placed continually as the price moves within the daily range. When the price finally breaks out of the range, the set is closed in profit. What causes large drawdowns is when the price remains confined for a long time, in this case the price ranged in a tight band - then finally broke out - the price nearly broke through one end, but then retracted back to break out of the other. I like this EA a lot - but you do have to be careful - so far the price is moving around a lot - tight, range-bound periods can cause margin calls - but if you have enough margin to wait until the price moves - you will always win. The original EA thread is at forex factory, search there for 100% win math grid EA.

I have enclosed the report for this period so you can see what I mean. The set in question is at the bottom of the report.

Also if you click the growth tab on myfxbook you can see the couple of equity dips - one on this date.

Astarfleir

Great thread...

Great thread...

Thanks guys for a great EA! What settings are the best and for what pair (if any other than the EURUSD)? I found out doing some backtestings that the original setting is the best. Any info would be great. I can't beleive this EA survived 2010 on the EURUSD when so many others have crashed :)

maximo

Thank you kookoo23,

I should adjust my terminology now with the understanding of this strategy from you. That set of sell trades closed in the negative was offset by some buy orders in the positive, which hedged for an overall close in profit :D

I will be following this strategy with interest and should think that it will survive longer term with your current equity to lot ratio. The open equity drawdown level of 7% at the moment is very nice! Aswell as the freqency of trades.

Here's a summation of lots for that statement.

Sells 13 x 0.1 lots = 1.3 lots total
Buys 50 x 0.1 lots = 5.0 lots total
total lots 5.0 - 1.3 lots = 3.7 lots margined

Note: the number next to Sells and Buys is not actual number of orders per se but the total number of 0.1 lots for required margin.

Cheers!

musketeer

Pals... be aware of it. I like much the viper grid, believe me. But it has internal wrong logic calculating the lots. And... it will blow the acc if it is not wisely traded. You will like the results for 1 to 3 months (if you are lucky) but let you know that will be maximum period. Just do little homework and get some reliable backtests...

my two

kookoo23

Thanks guys for a great EA! What settings are the best and for what pair (if any other than the EURUSD)? I found out doing some backtestings that the original setting is the best. Any info would be great. I can't beleive this EA survived 2010 on the EURUSD when so many others have crashed :)

Hi Astarfleir - please can you upload your backtest statement so we can have a look.

kookoo23

sure, here are they

Ok here are my conclusions; the EA was running at very high risk - .05 lot on 3000 USD, leverage was low at 200:1 and settings very risky having 10 levels and increment of 10. My forward test now is with much lower risk settings.

If you read the first page of the thread at FF you can see that lowering the increment will eat up margin quickly as will increasing the levels. They also recommend using the smallest lot size available. I am using a higher lot level at 0.1 per 10,000 - but this seems ok...

musketeer

i've had read it... long time ago :) believe me
here is the modded by me version with logger... there is no hidden DD anymore...

Aurix Exchange