Aurix Exchange

winning 99% system using ECN arbitrage, but with one problem

autt86

I have a 99% winning arbitrage system using a ECN broker. everything works great! the problem is when try to push up to lot size to 1.0 then i start to losse.

started my system on the 24/06/2011 and not lost once till today when i try to be greedy!

i have a fixtp at 2.0, all the trades seens to stick by the fixtp till i push the lots to 1.0 .... if anyone can help me sort this matter out. i will share my
system with them.

ofcourse i could just leave it at 0.50 lot and win 99%. but i want my skyline gtr sooner then later ;)

mancai

2 pips scalper? u only started 24-jun-11, so u still can't claim it with 99% winning system, unless u able to do this for half year.

You can win with a 2 Pip scalper for months if you are lucky
but the StopLoss has to be 500 Pips or more.
But be sure that market will catch your SL sooner or later
and your account is gone.

All the EAs which "win 100%" and "never loose" have wiped out accounts, there is no exception.

mancai

forgot to ask you use this arbitrage method in demo or live? if live, then u need to makesure withdraw frequently, until they don't want to pay you. If demo, please becareful when u go to live, because datafeed speed will be different.

Hawk

I had a system that was also 99% win system with 3 pips scalps but could only go up to 0.90 before my broker would take too long to fill the order and it wouldn't get filled. It's interesting how as soon as you hit 1 lot it would not fill - makes you wonder what effect in in place to prevent that.

Thus I came up with a solution to get around this as I also wanted to use higher lots since it always won.

PM me and I will share with you (I'm still too new to be able to PM yet)

I took an account from $400 to $20,000 in two months with this system. I doubt many would believe this.........

For those of you wondering - it only works with a fixed 1 pip spread on 4 digit brokers - my broker switched from 4 to 5 on Jan and thus the end of my system as it doesn't work on 5 digits. The movement is too quick and slippage takes over. Still trying to find any 4 digit brokers out there with 1 fixed pip spread on EUR/GBP and I might be back in business.

If anyone can find one for me I'll share the system that worked...

SpacyTrader

I had a system that was also 99% win system with 3 pips scalps but could only go up to 0.90 before my broker would take too long to fill the order and it wouldn't get filled. It's interesting how as soon as you hit 1 lot it would not fill - makes you wonder what effect in in place to prevent that.

Thus I came up with a solution to get around this as I also wanted to use higher lots since it always won.

I took an account from $400 to $20,000 in two months with this system. I doubt many would believe this.........

For those of you wondering - it only works with a fixed 1 pip spread on 4 digit brokers - my broker switched from 4 to 5 on Jan and thus the end of my system as it doesn't work on 5 digits. The movement is too quick and slippage takes over. Still trying to find any 4 digit brokers out there with 1 fixed pip spread on EUR/GBP and I might be back in business.

I know such a broker. 4 digits and 1 pip spread on EURGBP, but I dont have 15 posts so I can PM you.

Would love to see such a system. Share is care. Thanks,

Mike

Hawk

Spacey Trader - if you could post the broker in this thread that would be great. If it works on the broker you give me I will share with you.

Still working to post enoughg to do PM - sorry to all of those of you who have PM'd me - need more posts before I can PM Back.

SpacyTrader

Spacey Trader - if you could post the broker in this thread that would be great. If it works on the broker you give me I will share with you.

Still working to post enoughg to do PM - sorry to all of those of you who have PM'd me - need more posts before I can PM Back.

Ok then. Here you go: They're declared a scam broker on FPA. But then again some people call the FPA a scam. In other places there are mixed reviews. So you'd have to try it I guess since its the only one to meed your criteria I could find.

diego

from xxx.investtechfx.com/traders-faq.asp
How does Investtechfx determine if there is a scalping fee and what are the charges incurred?

The clearing department determines whether a scalping fee is incurred based on several variables. These variables include the total turnover of each customer, how many trades are made per day, how long the position is held, whether an Expert Advisor (Robot Dealer) is used, and the profit target of each trade. The clearing department, taking into consideration these variables, decides on a weekly average if a customer qualifies as a scalper. This is determined by the extent that the customer varies significantly from these averages. The charge is $10 per lot. For instance, for 1 lot the charge would be $10, and for 0.1 lots the charge would be the minimum fee of $1. Any relevant fees will be deducted at the end of each calendar month.

:cool: so if you have a scalper or arbitrage system that scalps 3 Pips at 0.1 Lot you pay them 1 Buck and stay with 2.
Sounds fair to me

SpacyTrader

from xxx.investtechfx.com/traders-faq.asp
How does Investtechfx determine if there is a scalping fee and what are the charges incurred?

The clearing department determines whether a scalping fee is incurred based on several variables. These variables include the total turnover of each customer, how many trades are made per day, how long the position is held, whether an Expert Advisor (Robot Dealer) is used, and the profit target of each trade. The clearing department, taking into consideration these variables, decides on a weekly average if a customer qualifies as a scalper. This is determined by the extent that the customer varies significantly from these averages. The charge is $10 per lot. For instance, for 1 lot the charge would be $10, and for 0.1 lots the charge would be the minimum fee of $1. Any relevant fees will be deducted at the end of each calendar month.

:cool: so if you have a scalper or arbitrage system that scalps 3 Pips at 0.1 Lot you pay them 1 Buck and stay with 2.
Sounds fair to me

Yeah, but then its the same as a 2 pip spread broker, so you might as well use that instead.

diego

Yeah, but then its the same as a 2 pip spread broker, so you might as well use that instead.

We all know that brokers dont like arbitrages, so you have to withdraw regurarly and hope they dont close your acct.

It seems, that Investtechfx doesn't care if its an arbitrage or not, and if they catch you scalping (witch arbitrage does) they take one pip for themselves and the rest is yours, but they dont close your acct.
That what I read out of their FAQ :)

huuu

Just curious whether anyone here has an account with Investech?

Can you withdraw money from them without problems?

suchi

Hawk att86

Hawk att86

Hi Hawk or Att86,

Its great to know that you ppl have been able to profit using a system that is similar to mine. I have made a few back tests and few live trades. I feel that this really has potential. Could you ping me as I have trouble sending you a PM?

Thanks !!

Tommy777

I had this issue years past and this was the answer that best helped me:

My broker was either ecn or stp i cant remember. If I made a trade over 1 lot that trade was internally hedged against by their in house liquidity provider pool. They usually make a profit on this. Anything over 1 lot (I actually think it was 2 or 5 lots for my broker) they would send through to the market with a sticky feed to make profit. The delay was an extra 2 seconds. and during these 2 seconds if price moved at all they'd skim a little on that movement within those 2 seconds. I think they call this sticky orders. I resolved this by building a buy and sell EA splitting it to say 2 0.5 orders. I sent up hot key too. so ctrl S would trigger my EA and Sell say 2 0.5 lots and ctrl B would buy separate 0.5 lots the EA actually could buy several lots faster then I could buy 1 lot with my mouse.

I would try your holy grail system at a true ECN broker. I've since moved my account over to GOmarkets. Their service is great, spreads are decent, no bad broker tricks, and they openly accept scalpers, but they don't take US clients, and if you don't live in Australia order processing isn't as lightning quick like others. They are STP broker but in the near future are turning ECN

suchi

Hi Autt86

Hi Autt86

I was unable to PM you as ur inbox quota seems to have been filled up. Kindly PM me

Hawk

Ok then. Here you go: They're declared a scam broker on FPA. But then again some people call the FPA a scam. In other places there are mixed reviews. So you'd have to try it I guess since its the only one to meed your criteria I could find.

Ha ha - yep - that was my broker. Investechfx - lots of mixed feelings about them.

Yes, I paid the scalping fee - boy did they make a lot of money off me. I kept 1-2 pips profit and they took basically a 1 pip profit. However I still was in profit as it was 99% win.

Spacy - they do have 4 digit charts but the spread on the EUR/GBP is 3 pips ( i think they did this to stop people like me). Everything else is basically 1-2 pips.

Do you have access to a 1 pip spread on their 4 digits? I do on the 5 but not on the 4. My system relies on watching the tick data - not the charts - that is one of my big secrets. The data feed only works on 4 digits due to the lag to get the scalp trade in - 5 digits is too fast and the feed responds differently although I don't know why.

The sad end to this story is that after I was up $22,000 in Jan - they switched their spread/digts and I got bored. Couldn't trade my system so I tested out the TR Terminator A martingale EA. Uh oh - you know where this is going..... Yep - I went to bed and the USD/CHF spiked. The martingale wiped out 18,000 from my account in one night. Woke up the next morning and almost had a heart attack. Two months of trading hours every day wiped out in one night.

There is a lesson in all this somewhere.........

What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul....or what does it profit a man to trade for over 100 hours and lose everything in 8....

So back to the drawing board. Closest suggestion yet was fX clearing but they have a limit on scalps that it must be over 5 pips.

Still trying some other suggestions that have been sent to me. Include you email when you PM me as I don't quite have enough posts to pm yet.

Whew - that is a lot of typing.

Ha ha - yep - that was my broker. Investechfx - lots of mixed feelings about them.

Yes, I paid the scalping fee - boy did they make a lot of money off me. I kept 1-2 pips profit and they took basically a 1 pip profit. However I still was in profit as it was 99% win.

Spacy - they do have 4 digit charts but the spread on the EUR/GBP is 3 pips ( i think they did this to stop people like me). Everything else is basically 1-2 pips.

Do you have access to a 1 pip spread on their 4 digits? I do on the 5 but not on the 4. My system relies on watching the tick data - not the charts - that is one of my big secrets. The data feed only works on 4 digits due to the lag to get the scalp trade in - 5 digits is too fast and the feed responds differently although I don't know why.

The sad end to this story is that after I was up $22,000 in Jan - they switched their spread/digts and I got bored. Couldn't trade my system so I tested out the TR Terminator A martingale EA. Uh oh - you know where this is going..... Yep - I went to bed and the USD/CHF spiked. The martingale wiped out 18,000 from my account in one night. Woke up the next morning and almost had a heart attack. Two months of trading hours every day wiped out in one night.

There is a lesson in all this somewhere.........

What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul....or what does it profit a man to trade for over 100 hours and lose everything in 8....

So back to the drawing board. Closest suggestion yet was fX clearing but they have a limit on scalps that it must be over 5 pips.

Still trying some other suggestions that have been sent to me. Include you email when you PM me as I don't quite have enough posts to pm yet.

Whew - that is a lot of typing.

I felt the pain reading through this post,but am thankful you've shared the experience with us - if it weren't for forums in the first place I probably would have fallen into these things myself.

And don't worry, the typing speed increases with practice! :D At least that is what I am told...... darn kids are on here and it sounds like popcorn is in the microwave...

Aurix Exchange