Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Watch us on YouTube Blogger
Your Banner Here
You cannot rate threads

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Which E-Books Do You Think Are Great and Why?

Thanks are in order to bonnie1234 and Divonorum and others who have contributed books to this, ahem, library. Your generosity in time and resources is astounding. Thank you so much.

I thought it would be fun to share which books folks are currently reading or have read and say a few words about how/why the book has resonated for you.

Personally, I am completely engrossed in The Complete Guide to Option Selling, 2nd Edition, by James Cordier and Michael Gross. It's about SELLING options on futures. Selling Puts and selling Calls. Meaning you are the writer of the options and collect the premium immediately. The goal is to hang on to the premium you have been paid.

I had a lot of dread before I picked up this book because I was worried that options would be too complex a subject for me to understand. However, I was specifically looking for a book on selling options on futures as I'm beginning to come to terms that as good as I feel my charting is, and as well as my ability to read the direction of the market is, my trade entries genuinely and consistently suck.

I'm about half way through this book and it is singing to me. First, it is extremely easy to understand and the method is very simple. The authors distill all the myths about option selling being more risky than buying options. In fact, they demonstrate that 90% of all options expire worthless and the only ones to benefit are the option sellers. But most retail investors shun selling because they are looking for excitement and that one trade in which their ship will come in, but typically this happens only 10% of the time.

In summary the strategy is to sell out of the money puts or calls with time value only (no intrinsic value) and watch the time decay occur.

What E-Book that you snagged off WWI is serving you well and why?

Would love to hear.

TIA>

Hi I'm extremely new to this great place, glad i found it and one thing that led me here was a book that was posted on one of the topics about must read. It seems the link has gone bad or something and I can't find this book anywhere. I was wondering if anyone could help me please. Greatly appreciate any help in advance

[2004] Lawrence Holt - Stikky Stock Charts - Learn the 8 major chart patterns

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

slickbooty,

if the dl is gone you have to ask for re-upload in the correct thread and mention the post-no. The link you have mentioned is guesswork ...

Sixer

Quote Originally Posted by Sixer View Post
    slickbooty,

if the dl is gone you have to ask for re-upload in the correct thread and mention the post-no. The link you have mentioned is guesswork ...

Sixer

Thank you all guys ..

and here is the book

I don't remember who uploaded it but thanks to him/her as well.

Hi Slickbooty - welcome to WWI! You can find that ebook on the link below.

Can you share the best price action book you know?

Allenmd,

check the AB books:

Sixer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenmd View Post
    Can you share the best price action book you know?
    Try Sam and James also

&

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of people have mentioned Mark Douglas - Trading in the Zone for market and psychology. One of the book that is not mentioned a lot but it works for me is:

High Performance Trading 35 Practical Strategies and Techniques To Enhance Your Trading Psychology and Performance by Steve Ward

Highly recommended!

I have read so many books that I find it very difficult to pick the best. It depends on what one is looking for. May be learning to trade, entertainment, money management, psychology - the list is endless. However, a recent book I have read, which I would recommend to new forex traders is Forex Revolution by Peter Rosenstreich. It contains valuable information about Forex in general.

User Tag List