Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Watch us on YouTube Blogger
Your Banner Here
You cannot rate threads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hi,

Thank you for giving an insight into what correlation trading is essentially about.

I would like to give a fore-warning though: All trading based on contango and backwardation need to be managed VERY carefully.

Google for: "LTCM". Black Swans that skewed correlation killed a few billion dollars.

Good insight though, keep up the contributions!

Regards,
    Mr. He

Quote Originally Posted by ForexNewbie51 View Post
    An excellent question. You don't need an EA to do this though. Find 2 highly correlated Symbols and buy one and sell the other. Taking a small profit is the key. There are plenty of scripts around that will do this operation for you, at a time of your choosing. Then use a Trade Manager EA to close both orders when profit = $x.xx. A safe guide is $80 for 1 lot trade size, $8.00 for 0.1 and $0.80 for 0.01 lots. If you pay commissions, increase to $9.00 pro rata. If you pick the right Symbols, drawdown is quite acceptable. Avoid trading when high volatility may happen such as a "News" event.

You can read all about Correlation Hedging by reading ACH15 e-book or a Google search using "Correlation Hedging" search string. You can also search YouTube to find videos about out how to calculate and pick the right pair of symbols. It's the most stress-free trading strategy I know of. ACH15 is a little out of date but the method is well described. The Symbols quoted I think are not the best now. These relationships must evolve.

The best pairs right now (I re-analyse weekly) are:
    EURJPY v CHFJPY Correlation = 91.8%
    GBPCHF v GBPJPY " = 89.9%
    EURJPY v USDJPY " = 88.7%

Good point. Thanks. I guess me saying "Avoid trading when high volatility may happen such as a "News" event." was not strong enough. I learned a lesson with the Swiss National Bank "Black Swan" news event a couple of years ago. Even my stop losses were skipped! I was glad I was at my PC when it happened and was able to manually close the order Alpari platfom had not acted upon. Also the reason for the small profit target is to minimise exposure risk.

i found a hedging robot
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by majidlovio View Post
    i found a hedging robot
    any set file?
    timeframe?

Quote Originally Posted by energetic View Post
    any set file?
    timeframe?
    this is my set
    Attached Files Attached Files

this is my set
    Are you testing in forward?
    give us some information
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

There are so many potentials to make a living in online trading, but first and foremost the risk involve must be seriously taken into consideration, becoming a successful and a professional trader may take years of constant practice and engagement of the market, any strategy be it manual or EA requires thorough evaluation before used with real money and most of all having a stable psychology in dealing the market is also another very important aspect to success.
    Last edited by litoac; 06-10-2016 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nazarius666 View Post
    Are you testing in forward?
    give us some information
    i test it in demo fxpro account it have good result. become 800$=1000$ only 2 day
    it work good with low lot. each 1000$ 0.10 lot

i test it in demo fxpro account it have good result. become 800$=1000$ only 2 day
    it work good with low lot. each 1000$ 0.10 lot
    Which cross and timeframe?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

this is my set
    I let him run into real account - ECN
    1 minute timeframe this SuperScalperHedge

No luck and bad results a waste of time and money.

User Tag List