Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Watch us on YouTube Blogger
Your Banner Here
You cannot rate threads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Old EA but I think still promising

Hello fellow traders,
    I would like to ask your help to solve an issue about an EA I use recently.
    This EA trades pairs EURGBP and GBPUSD, both of them in timeframes 5min and 4hr.
    The basic strategy of these EAs is to open at start positions in 5 min timeframe according some trading rules and indicators in both directions (sell and buy) hedging each other.
    After using this strategy and EAs in a real account for some months now I realized that there is a very strange issue specifically in EA trading the pair GPBUSD in 5min timeframe.
    I explain you…
    Although the EA opens normally SELL trades in 5min timeframe in GBPUSD pair, it is impossible for the same EA to open trades normally in opposite direction (BUY trades). Every time at which it opens a BUY trade in this pair it closes the trade almost immediately after just some seconds with a small lose or rarely in a small gain cause of volatility movements. This situation happens every time in BUY trades with no exception. I also tried different brokers like ICMarkets and FXOpen and it happened the same.
    When EA opens a BUY trade in that pair they are also appeared all the time in Journal of MT4 a lot of failing messages (like off quotes or invalid parameters).
    The paradox of this situation is that the same exactly EA which trades pair EURGBP in 5min timeframe works perfect opening trades in BUY direction without any issue at all. To prove to myself the abnormal situation in BUY trades only in GBPUSD pair I used the same exactly EA which trades pair EURGBP in 5min timeframe to the GBPUSD pair in the same 5min timeframe and it happened again unfortunately the same failed result as I mentioned above.
    In conclusion I think that there is some issue in working way of this EA which has relation only in trading the BUY trades specifically for pair GBPUSD and ONLY.
    I would like to ask you to take a look in these EAs and use your experience to find out why it is happening this issue in trading BUY trades only in pair GBPUSD and if possible to fix this. I trust your experience and ability to find a possible solution to this issue.
    To check the above by yourself and for any occasion look at EAs (attachment) of all pairs and timeframes 5min and 4hr, some random photo of MT4 journal to have complete idea about issue I mentioned above and photos of statistics of my account to myfxbook to have a more complete view about this situation. Feel free to ask me anything more you think that you will need or help you to your research of fixing this EA.
    Finally I would like also of you if you could fix the RISK parameter to this EAs cause as it is now, is impossible to adjust the risk in decimal value (like 0.5, 1.2 etc) and is possible to use only integer (like 1, 2 etc.)
    Waiting to hear your news soon…
    Thank you so much in advance for your time and help.

Best regards
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think this is an interesting system, but I don't know how it works. I found some compile warning and fixed it. Let me know(ok1990#126.com) if there are something wrong
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

can you tell me this ea monthly average profit ratio? and max drawdowm ratio?

Quote Originally Posted by wp00000008 View Post
    I think this is an interesting system, but I don't know how it works. I found some compile warning and fixed it. Let me know(ok1990#126.com) if there are something wrong
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Thank you for trying. Unfortunately it didn't change anything. The problem remains.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by marlin1331 View Post
    can you tell me this ea monthly average profit ratio? and max drawdowm ratio?
    The problem of EA is other. If you can help to resolve this... welcome. It will be better for all of us.

Cheers !

Problems may be due to the fact that written in the old version. When kompelyatsii gives a lot of warnings. Here kompelyatsiya in the old version without any errors. Try.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by Geolog View Post
    Problems may be due to the fact that written in the old version. When kompelyatsii gives a lot of warnings. Here kompelyatsiya in the old version without any errors. Try.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Thanks for your effort. Unfortunately the same happens.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by 1007 View Post
    Thanks for your effort. Unfortunately the same happens.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Icon of journal[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

this is my personal thought. if an experience programmer repaire this ea, and still can not work, that means this ea has original problem itself, maybe this gbp/usd version ea not the original version. i suggest you to mql5.com to find an experience programmer to check the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by marlin1331 View Post
    this is my personal thought. if an experience programmer repaire this ea, and still can not work, that means this ea has original problem itself, maybe this gbp/usd version ea not the original version. i suggest you to mql5.com to find an experience programmer to check the problem.
    Thank you marlin for your suggestion. I think I will try also to ask for help in MQL5 forum.
    I just thought in start to ask for help here, as I have seen some years now, that there are a lot of good programmers too.
    I believe that all of these experienced programmers in this forum have the knowledge to help me to fix this issue in the code of EA, especially as in my opinion after some months of use in live accounts, even with that issue, it can be safe and profitable and has all potentials with logical risk to stand stable during time and different trading conditions.

User Tag List