Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Watch us on YouTube Blogger
Your Banner Here
You cannot rate threads

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    The next thing we will do is set the "orb" to "1" so that the program only show the aspects between planets that are almost exact.

Basically the orb is the number of degrees on each side of exact that will be considered for that aspect to be in effect.

First click here...
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This will take you to this aspect option menu...

Change the five that are unchecked to "1" like this...
    Then click ok...

The program will now look something like this and as you can see is much "cleaner" again...

Always Wanting to Learn More!

Just a quick post about the aspects.

The circle is divided into 360 degrees.
    This is not an arbitrary number but one that comes from combining the number of days in a solar year with the number of days in a synodic lunar year. ( 12 new moons )
    Then dividing by 2.
    Losts of people seem to think that folks long ago simply measured the solar year wrong, but if you will do enough digging you will see that the brainiacs from long ago new what they were doing.

Any way...

The aspects come from using the whole numbers 1,2,3,4 to divide the 360 degrees of a circle into fractions. The harmonics are simply 1,2,3,4.

360/1 = 360..........Conjunction
    360/2 = 180..........Opposition
    360/3 = 120..........Trine
    360/4 = 90............Square
    Then the very important trine is sub-divided by 2 to get the 60 degree aspect called "Sextile" which is also the 6th harmonic of the circle. (360/6 = 60 )

There are other aspects but we will not be looking at those for now.

Quote Originally Posted by lhpdiver View Post
    You are the boss - but - I think I noticed they offered the source code for this application on the link you provided.
    If so - and there are things we could change to make your life easier - we can do that.
    If there are things you have to reset each time - I'd bet we could fix that :-)

('I'll try and pull down the source code and see if it builds before I put my foot in my mouth)
    Hey, if you can make a few "tweeks" that makes life better for one or all more power to you!
    I do recall something about open source code or something along those lines so...

GOOD LUCK!

Ok, back to the Astrolog setup...

When you are done setting the aspects you will need to select the correct objects to use.
    To do this click on Setting/Restriction like so...

After the Object Restriction box comes up the fastest way is to click on the "Restrict All" button...

When you do it will look like this...

Then uncheck the following planets:
    Sun
    Moon
    Mercury
    Venus
    Mars
    Jupiter
    Saturn
    Uranus
    Neptune
    Pluto
    North Node

Once you have the box will look like this...

Then all you have to do is click OK and your Astrolog Program will look something like this...

AS you can see this is much cleaner than before and now becomes the tool that we can work with.

The last thing we need to do is set the program to calculate the Equatorial positions of the planets like so...

Click on Settings/Calculation Settings...

In the right side lower part of the box that comes up check the Equatorial positions box...

Then click ok

You may notice that the planets shift on the chart a small amount when doing so.

Now here is a picture of what your copy of Astrolog Should look like...

I have circled two areas on the right side of the program display.
    These are the things we will be interested in watching besides the graphic or "astro wheel" that takes up most of the program display.

The bottom circle ( yes I know they are not true circles ) shows where the planets are, giving the degrees of the current sign they are in, and then the minutes after the sign. If you see an "R" after that, that indicats the planet is currently retrograde, which I'm sure you all know means we are using the Geocentric horoscope.
    After that it shows the planets declination in degrees followed by the planets "glyph" or picture used on the "wheel" to indicate the planets position.

The top circle shows what the date and time are on the wheel.
    You are able to move the time both forward and backwards with the plus or minus keys on your keyboard or number pad.

The default is day (24hours) increments moved for each push of the plus or minus keys.

You can change the step rate buy holding the SHIFT key and pushing the number keys on the key board.
    2=minute
    3=hour
    4=day
    5=month
    6=year
    7=decade

When you select a new time step rate the program will automaticlly start stepping the time ahead at the new step rate. To stop this simply hit the "P" key to pause the stepping.
    Now you can use the plus or minus keys as per normal.

You can also hit the number keys on the key board to multiply the step rate by the number selected.
    If you are currently on the day step rate and you push the number 7 key you will step 7 days per push of the plus or minus buttons, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by HWSteele View Post
    Now here is a picture of what your copy of Astrolog Should look like...

I have circled two areas on the right side of the program display.
    These are the things we will be interested in watching besides the graphic or "astro wheel" that takes up most of the program display.

The bottom circle ( yes I know they are not true circles ) shows where the planets are, giving the degrees of the current sign they are in, and then the minutes after the sign. If you see an "R" after that, that indicats the planet is currently retrograde, which I'm sure you all know means we are using the Geocentric horoscope.
    After that it shows the planets declination in degrees followed by the planets "glyph" or picture used on the "wheel" to indicate the planets position.

The top circle shows what the date and time are on the wheel.
    You are able to move the time both forward and backwards with the plus or minus keys on your keyboard or number pad.

The default is day (24hours) increments moved for each push of the plus or minus keys.

You can change the step rate buy holding the SHIFT key and pushing the number keys on the key board.
    2=minute
    3=hour
    4=day
    5=month
    6=year
    7=decade

When you select a new time step rate the program will automaticlly start stepping the time ahead at the new step rate. To stop this simply hit the "P" key to pause the stepping.
    Now you can use the plus or minus keys as per normal.

You can also hit the number keys on the key board to multiply the step rate by the number selected.
    If you are currently on the day step rate and you push the number 7 key you will step 7 days per push of the plus or minus buttons, and so on.
    thank you very much you are gifted teacher

Now that we have all of THAT out of the way we can start to get to the interesting stuff!

The next time I am able to spend a little time posting I will start with the method I use to guesstimate when a trend could be ending.
    This is one of my favorites and I believe the most powerful if used in the correct context.

So until next time...

Quote Originally Posted by halasoria View Post
    thank you very much you are gifted teacher
    Why thank you very much! I hope I can teach the methods I use well enough where everyone gets at least something out of it.

One last thing to think about while I am away...
    (I might have time to post tomorrow, but if not it might be a few days before I get some time again)

Sort of a riddle...

What is EZEKIEL Chapter 4 Verses 5 and 6 talking about in simplest form?

User Tag List