Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Watch us on YouTube Blogger
Your Banner Here
You cannot rate threads

Page 1 of 71 1231151 ... LastLast

Some Simple Astro Forecasting Methods of HWSteele

I decided to start new thread for the explination of some of the astro forecasting methods that I use as the thread I was posting in earlier has a different topic.
    I'm not a fan of when people take over my threads so I don't want to do it to others. ( More than I already did, Sorry )

I don't have many large blocks of time to sit and explain a bunch in each post but I will make posts when I do have a little extra time.
    So I may make posts two or three times a day or two or three times a week, it just depends on what I have going at the time.

So please bear with me.
    Always Wanting to Learn More!

This is a link to the Astrolog 5.4 software.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    It is free and has worked for me in every version of Windows I have installed it in. (Windows2000-Windows 7 64bit)
    It is the "astrology" software I have used for many years now. It does everything that I personally needed so I have never seen a reason to buy other software.

You can use [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for some free charts if you don't have a some you use already.
    The advanced chart button will take you to charts you can adjust the date range to what ever you want, which is helpful to do forecasting research.

When you open the astrolog 5.4 program this is what you will see...

I will go through about a dozen different screen shots in the next few posts to show you how to set up the software the way I use it.

The first thing we will do is set the chart information to New York.
    To do so first click on the info menu...

Then click on "Set Chart Info".

Then set the fields like you see here...
    The date fields are not that important but the rest are.

Once you have done that save the chart info here...

I saved it as New York, you can save it as you see fit.

Once it is saved you can open a chart set with the New York Information by clicking here...

Once you open the chart info for New York the next thing to do is change the color the program uses for water signs from blue to cyan.

First click here...

Then change blue to cyan...

Doing this will make it easier to see the chart.

Hi HWSteele,

I'm very much looking forward to this learning experience.

I was wondering, maybe you could just share the astrolog.dat file which has your settings ? Perhaps even the file named "New York" ?

Unless of course that is it for the setup.

Just a thought.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lhpdiver View Post
    Hi HWSteele,

I'm very much looking forward to this learning experience.

I was wondering, maybe you could just share the astrolog.dat file which has your settings ? Perhaps even the file named "New York" ?

Unless of course that is it for the setup.

Just a thought.

Thanks
    I could give you a fish or teach you how to fish, right?
    The thing about this software is you can save the information that I showed in the post I made about the chart info, but when it comes to the other stuff I will be showing you ( things like setting colors and other setting) you have to reset it each time you use the software.
    Plus now you know where to add the coordinates if you want to use other cities instead of New York.

Thanks for the feedback though!

Ok, so after we load the New York settings this is about what Astrolog will look like... ( and have changed the color from blue to cyan )

The date will most likely be different, but we will cover that in a later post.

If you look at the chart it sure has a lot going on.
    We will now change a few more settings to "clean" up our working area...

The first thing to change is the house system.
    We need to change it to null.

This is where you do that...

Now your Astrolog program should look a little cleaner like this...

You are the boss - but - I think I noticed they offered the source code for this application on the link you provided.
    If so - and there are things we could change to make your life easier - we can do that.
    If there are things you have to reset each time - I'd bet we could fix that :-)

('I'll try and pull down the source code and see if it builds before I put my foot in my mouth)

zet9

Quote Originally Posted by HWSteele View Post
    Ok, so after we load the New York settings this is about what Astrolog will look like... ( and have changed the color from blue to cyan )

The date will most likely be different, but we will cover that in a later post.

If you look at the chart it sure has a lot going on.
    We will now change a few more settings to "clean" up our working area...

The first thing to change is the house system.
    We need to change it to null.

This is where you do that...

Now your Astrolog program should look a little cleaner like this...
    I use zet9 for myself.I think i can follow your works with this.may there be any problem?

User Tag List