Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Watch us on YouTube Blogger
Your Banner Here
You cannot rate threads

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gann the Start

read his coursebook yourself. and only coursebook. don't let other things interrupt your studies.

well i started Truth of Stock Tape it is nice that sets a mind set for trading please recommend which one should be read next and also the RECOMMENDED list of gann should that be read along or not?

Quote Originally Posted by usmanp View Post
    well i started Truth of Stock Tape it is nice that sets a mind set for trading please recommend which one should be read next and also the RECOMMENDED list of gann should that be read along or not?
    The order he wrote them is below if that helps.

You would do well to obtain a copy of his Commodities and Stock courses also.

Lambert Gann will ship too you .... [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Gann also stipulated a recommended reading list that is mostly available from Lambert Gann as well, you may have to hunt around for a couple of out of print .

Brad Cowan's publications of the courses are worth considering and good quality.

My other comment would be don't over complicate it ...

Hope that helps some way

Truth Of the stock Tape 1923
    TTTA 1927
    Wall Street Stock Selector 1930
    New Stock Trend Detector 1936
    Face Facts America 1940
    HTMPIC 1942 / 1951
    45 years 1949
    Magic Word 1950

Thanks alot well i got the recomended reading list along with the books you mentioned below . But in TTTA there is alot of symbolism and it gets hard to understand the true meaning of all.So which other stuff from his reading list should be read so to get a better understanding of TTTA.

Quote Originally Posted by jkirk View Post
    The order he wrote them is below if that helps.

You would do well to obtain a copy of his Commodities and Stock courses also.

Lambert Gann will ship too you .... [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Gann also stipulated a recommended reading list that is mostly available from Lambert Gann as well, you may have to hunt around for a couple of out of print .

Brad Cowan's publications of the courses are worth considering and good quality.

My other comment would be don't over complicate it ...

Hope that helps some way

Truth Of the stock Tape 1923
    TTTA 1927
    Wall Street Stock Selector 1930
    New Stock Trend Detector 1936
    Face Facts America 1940
    HTMPIC 1942 / 1951
    45 years 1949
    Magic Word 1950

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimilios View Post
    The site below has information for those who wish to start understanding Gann's techniques. Not complicated. But a start, though.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    The site looks pretty cool! thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by usmanp View Post
    Thanks alot well i got the recomended reading list along with the books you mentioned below . But in TTTA there is alot of symbolism and it gets hard to understand the true meaning of all.So which other stuff from his reading list should be read so to get a better understanding of TTTA.
    Hi there -

I think everyones journey is different, and as i don't know your trading experience, its hard to give you any real prudent advice - except to say TTTA is a complex book requiring much work to decipher.

Having said that, GANN left a tidy set of rules for using a mechanical system which works a treat when the rules are followed.
    (A great current example of which is GOOG )
    This will give you the tools to make a tidy income whist you work on TTTA and the hidden rules in HTMPIC.

If you are just starting out you will require a strong understanding of Swing trading and Money management, all of which is covered in Ganns material.

I would strongly recommend mastering his mechanical system before moving to the more esoteric work, which will lead you on an amazing journey of discovery, perhaps one that can not be competed in one lifetime.

The US STEEL lessons provide a great grounding for this mechanical system.

I dont normally read or follow forums but there are some excellent posts and interesting discussion here,
    and as i think Mr Steele said previously the best work is that left by Mr Gann , and you need to be true to that work, and be careful that others, and their interpretation of the work does not sway your own interpretation.

By interpretation, i mean you could give 10 traders the same system and the same rules and you would get 10 different results because of interpretation and implementation.

I will also say, and i've been working with this material since 1989 - it was not until i started to create my own hand drawn charts from the material left by GANN I could see what he was doing, there are NO short cuts. and i still use hand drawn charts today particularly for active markets i am trading. ( but thats another discussion.)

The Journey is not easy but the rewards are more than worth while for those who persist.

Feel free to PM me if you wish ...

Good Luck and Great trading.

J

J got some good starter advice there!Next to US Steel one should also look at AUBURN MOTORS afterwards as it presents some "advanced" concepts.If one is not into esoterism the journey ends with the simple mechanical stuff,albeit at the core most of Gann is "mechanical" one way or the other.
    In eternal respect for Mr.Gann

Quote Originally Posted by luigi View Post
    J got some good starter advice there!Next to US Steel one should also look at AUBURN MOTORS afterwards as it presents some "advanced" concepts.If one is not into esoterism the journey ends with the simple mechanical stuff,albeit at the core most of Gann is "mechanical" one way or the other.
    Luigi - thank you - i think Gann has become a topic that is misrepresented as having most importance in the esoteric side, and there was far more to his work.

I think that the mistake people make with GANN is that they jump to the TTTA stuff thinking there is some silver bullet.
    They then become disillusioned when they can't , after reading Tunnel twice find " The Answer ". and move to some Simpler method.

Good call on Auburn Motors - i think Lambert gann produced a set of charts for Auburn, also the data is pretty easy to get to create the charts yourself.

The interesting thing about AUBURN, or US STEEL, BEANS, WHEAT, COTTON OR DOW, for example is if you create the charts, you can overlay the esoteric stuff on them and build the full story.

J

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well does anybody have a crack of wave 59? Its too expensive to buy with 7500$ or anyone could suggest what software to use for Gann methods?

interesting Thread here, Like it =)

User Tag List